Well, since the contest is anything educational, I'm going to make a music theory trainer for the 83+ series grayscale calcs! It will be programmed in Axe, and have the following features:

Chord trainer - What chord is it? You tell me!
Chord progression trainer - It will give a key and a few chords, and your job is to name the chord progression
Interval trainer (written) - What interval is it? You tell me!
Interval trainer (aural) - You have to tell what interval is played through the linkport!
Exam mode - A random mix of the first 3 (but not the aural interval trainer, for some people don't have a 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack converter)

I'm currently spriting things out. I'll get you guys some screenies as soon as I can! Good luck to all the contestants this year!
I have sprites for everything now. I'm going to start on the aural interval trainer first. I'll get some screenies in as soon as possible!
Awesome, looking forward to some screenshots Smile
Good luck with this; between Merthsoft's fledgling color chord program and this, I'm excited about people exploring the calculators as a music tool. I'm particularly curious to see how you go about playing chords that may have six simultaneous notes through the link port, when previously I personally have only explored up to four notes at once.
KermMartian wrote:
Good luck with this; between Merthsoft's fledgling color chord program and this, I'm excited about people exploring the calculators as a music tool. I'm particularly curious to see how you go about playing chords that may have six simultaneous notes through the link port, when previously I personally have only explored up to four notes at once.

I didn't know this was possible. The aural interval trainer was just going to play two notes at different times and ask what interval it was. Will you please explain how to do this (It might not even be possible with Axe, unless it's done with interrupts, maybe)?
With marching band and stuff, I'd forgotten about this. Good News: I'm working on it again! Bad News: I might not finish it in time. That said, I have some algorithms down, and I guess I'm not doing multiple tones at a time, since Kerm never told me his technique to do so Razz

I'll get you guys a screenie soon. Don't worry!
Hows it going? Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours