My entry for Cemetech #12:
Basic (maybe including hybrid) program to teach people about how to use simple forms of electronic circuits.

CBCRTR meaning Circuit Board Creator.
Great idea, and good luck! Are you thinking more digital logic, analog circuits, or some combination of the two? Do you envision describing a problem and getting people to (for example) choose from among different possible solutions, or do you envision a more freeform, sandbox-like designer where they can build and test circuits? The latter would be exceptionally cool, but also extremely hard to make.
most likely a sandbox type thing. I'm thinking really simple to start, then depending on how much I can get... right now I'm thinking like simple circuits, connecting wires, power, switches, lights ect.
well, I have been working on this a little:

Simple GUI:

Render of Program in action

I made a program that will draw the circut board from the matrix it's stored into, and now my next job will be to make the program edit the matrix.
I think the hardest part of this program will be running the board, and I'm still contemplating how to do that.
plans are right now to use DCS7 stuff to store the boards into an appvar, with names for each.
That looks fairly nice so far. Are those light bulbs in the bottom right?

I'm curious how you'll show various brightness in light bulbs when other objects have been added to a circuit, or if you are even going to be doing that.

Keep up the good work!
tifreak8x wrote:
That looks fairly nice so far. Are those light bulbs in the bottom right?

Yes they are. Right now, I'm just thinking on/off, but If I get more creative, I might try somthing else.
tifreak8x wrote:

I'm curious how you'll show various brightness in light bulbs when other objects have been added to a circuit, or if you are even going to be doing that.

I did decide to add that. I'll upload a pic later that has a render of parts that can be used.

Recently, I have been working on the learn portion, teaching others about the basics of electricity (what it is, how it works, flows, stores, AC/DC, ect)
I'm glad to hear that you're still powering ahead with this project. Best of luck adding more teaching material and more circuit simulation.
I had some great progress on the program last night, I finished the portion that lets you select a part to place on the board. Now I just have to add the code that lets you place the parts on the board.
I have finished about half of the text for the teaching portion, and I am planning on adding some little animations to it as well.
I have a seperate test program that will draw elements on the board, based on the matrix that it's stored in. That's completed, I just have to add that to the main program.
In the planning stage, I still have to program it to run the circut board, though that will probably be tricky (defensive programming against redundant loops and such with wiring and other things.)
I think I will have it execute straight from the matrix, and display it on the screen, though I'm not sure whether to have it check for the elements on the board before or during the board execution.
Last night I completed the portion of the program that places the batteries, and stores them to the matrix.
Wiring Complete!
Checks for existing wire/other objects, stores to matrix.
Looks like I just have switches, lights, and resistors left, and those should be the easy ones. About as easy as the batteries.
I think this is progress in the program!
16aroth6 wrote:
Wiring Complete!
Checks for existing wire/other objects, stores to matrix.
Looks like I just have switches, lights, and resistors left, and those should be the easy ones. About as easy as the batteries.
I think this is progress in the program!
This is great progress indeed; thank you for keeping us posted of your entry. I am also anxious to give it a spin when it's done. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours