Which calc, in your opinion, is the best?
HP Prime
 29%  [ 7 ]
TI 83+ SE
 12%  [ 3 ]
TI-84+ C SE
 4%  [ 1 ]
TI-84+SE
 33%  [ 8 ]
Voyage 200
 12%  [ 3 ]
N-spire CX
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 24

Luxen wrote:
If you use KOS, Ram clears will be less of an issue, but that is still in development right now...
Same if you use zStart. with zStart, I even find RAM Clearing very convenient when I want to delete a program. I just have to open the program list (as if I'd launch a program), find that program pressing its first letter (which doesn't work in the Mem menu), press [ON]+[*] to unarchive it, press Clear to go back to homescreen and press [ON]+[7] to RAM Clear (a shortcut I set). And since zStart reinstalls everything I need after the RAM Clear, I don't waste time at all reinstalling hooks.
It depends on what kind of calc you want.
Purpose:
83+SE,84+SE,84+CSE: graphing, simple Algebra, a little Geometry.
NSpire CX: Aside from programming, 3d graphing, advanced Algebra, a lot of Geometry.
Prime: Same as nSpire, but without 3d graphing (there's a program for that)
Voyage 200: same as nSpire, but without color.

If you don't really care about purpose and just want features (depends on definition):

Features:
Nspire CX: My friend has one, and even HE agrees that it's horrible (he only plays games on it).
Voyage 200: TI-89 with expanded features (like a lock), but less test acceptance.
TI-84+SE: Easy to learn, hard to master (which is good).
TI-84+CSE: slow, slow, slow. Even in classic mode.
83+SE: same as 84+SE, but less memory.
Prime: Fast, an overloaded catalog (there are CHESS pieces), etc, but almost exclusively sold in Europe (you can get it on the HP website, however).
This would be my-pardon the pun-"prime" choice if you're looking for features, but the programming language has no tutorial.

This might be biased...
Eightx84 wrote:

Nspire CX: My friend has one, and even HE agrees that it's horrible (he only plays games on it).

I have a CX CAS and I don't see what's horrible with it, especially if you only use it for games. It has some bugs in some calculations but this is by far the calc with the best games out there. Or give me a link to a Game Boy Advance emulator on the Prizm and I change my mind.

Eightx84 wrote:
83+SE: same as 84+SE, but less memory.

It has the same amount of archive and has more RAM than newer 84+SE models.
I have a TI-84 Plus and a TI-84 Plus CSE. The TI-84 Plus CSE is pretty slow but I hope a future TI OS update will fix it. After that update, i'll pick the TI-84 Plus CSE as the best calculator.
You're necroposting, not good Wink

Quote:
The TI-84 Plus CSE is pretty slow but I hope a future TI OS update will fix it

We already wrote you that this is not going to happen, because the slowness of the 84+CSE can't be fixed - the hardware is just underpowered.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours