Your getting handed a backpack of displays I know your helping with that Very Happy

But In my opinion we should still have enough space. And like I suggested the other day even if we don't its an excuse for all of us to be able to get out and explore the fair which i know we did not get to do last year!
geekboy1011 wrote:
You're getting handed a backpack of displays I know your helping with that Very Happy
Sounds awesome. Plus I get a couple days off of work, a trip to NY and meeting you gents IRL. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me!
So I am just going to drop this here. For those that have not been paying attention to irc all day Very Happy
http://imgur.com/a/XGqiC

added semi finalized picture. Just needs some paint for touchup and they are ready to get calcs mounted on them Very Happy

they do need some holes drilled in them though for routing power wires and stuff.
KermM you said your able to print stuff for me? Might be saner to have you print everything on the card stock for the picture frames then try to figure out staples website >.>
geekboy1011 wrote:
KermM you said your able to print stuff for me? Might be saner to have you print everything on the card stock for the picture frames then try to figure out staples website >.>
Yep, I can certainly try. I don't know if I will have access to cardstock, but hopefully I can find some kind of slightly thicker paper around the office.

Let's make sure we have everything we need:
- Frames for the titles and descriptions
- Printed titles and descriptions
- The big summary board so people can see at-a-glance what we're doing.
- The individual boards:
-- Networking
-- Audio
-- Interactive calculators
-- Guestbook
-- GPS
-- Internet (IRC)
- 5 calculators for networking, 1 calculator for audio, 4 calculators for interactive, 3 calculators total for guestbook, GPS, and IRC.
- Floppy drive
- Speakers
- Breadboards, color-coded hookup wire, 5V/12V PSU
- Bookmarks
- Kermbooks
- Mailing list sheet?

Anything there not yet accounted for? Do we have any extra blackboard/wood material at all currently that isn't being used for one of the displays?
No extra materials I am afraid. I have some scrap plexiglass and that is about it. I kinda budgeted/purchased with some planning for lack of extra >.>

Anything will really be fine the card stock was mostly for the sake of preservation/sanity lol

Things I will make sure are there. (from that list and my own)
- frames including big board for basic summary info
- 2 calculators for w/e
- powered speaker bar
- breadboard with usbhid on it (though you might want to bring your soldered one as well)
- screwdrivers for opening calcs
- soldering gear/tools for on scene repairs
- Eeems
- Chalk Board pens
- Velcro strips (hope we don't need more of them I forgot to get more >.<)
- Netbook for guestbook demo
- windex

What else might I need?

Elfprince has the squid I know that./

Did you get those fuses yet? Or are they at the post office waiting for you cause of your travels?

Also more progress pictures
http://i.imgur.com/tC3j7BU.jpg

EDIT: Not bringing drill changed how some things were mounted
I love how I'm an item to bring. Razz
well if you fly all this way and i leave you. That'd just be terrible!
If it wasn't for money, lack of a passport and not knowing when Maker Faire will be the day I usually choose my vacations (to ensure I have enough days off), I would probably have come. D:
geekboy1011 wrote:
What else might I need?
I can't think of too much else, but I'll keep thinking about it.

Quote:
Did you get those fuses yet? Or are they at the post office waiting for you cause of your travels?
They have arrived! I will solder them in later tonight or tomorrow.

Quote:
Also more progress pictures
http://i.imgur.com/tC3j7BU.jpg
Looks really great! I can't wait to see these displays in action (which is partially why I wish we had a GPS display, but I don't know why I didn't think much about that until today. Wink ).

Also the giant banner arrived!

Edit: We'll need at least one USB hub and a bunch of miniUSB cables for keeping TI-84+CSE and TI-Nspire calculators charged. I also need to load up all the games onto those calculators tomorrow. I have done the fuse replacements.

Edit #2: Gotta pop one of RFDave's gCn shields onto my Ardunio and flash it with the bridge code, as well as grab all my displays and wires from last year to make sure I'm not missing anything, as well.

Edit #3: Need tablecloths. Need to find a quiet time to take a good, professional-looking video of one of us explaining each of our displays.

Edit #4: Acquired two blue plastic tablecloths at a $0.99 store for $1.50 each (woo cheap plastic goods). I'll work on the bridge/shield now.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours