I was browsing through the Windows App store, but found very little stuff related to TI stuff. Well, I came up with an idea for an app that could connect to Cemetech, Omnimaga, TiCalc, Rivereye, TIFreakware, CalcHaven, and any other sites I may be missing. That way there would be one place for anything TI-related, possibly like the recent TiCalc/Cemetech partnership. The design I thought of would contain one main news page, with one forum for each site, and JsTIFied built in. There would also be a package manager to collectively search each sites' archive, and a live tile to display the latest news.

Right now, I would probably be doing something for it myself - except I don't know where to start. I have found out that the Metro apps can use JavaScript, C#, Visual Basic, and C++.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/apps/jj679957

What do you think? Would this be practical, or useful?[/url]
If nobody is answering, I suggest you get started.
We used to have TI-News.net, which did most of that.

Also, when posting about your own projects, please use the 'Your Projects' section in the General Discussion area.
You can start off by creating an app that aggregates the RSS feeds from each TI site.

Regarding jsTIfied, it is not going to see a port anytime soon as it undergoes active development. Once Kerm is satisfied with the web app he may consider a port to Android and the other platforms but an offsite/app version of jsTIfied maintained by someone else is not something we are considering at the moment.
you could make it in javascript and html. you could use IFrames to display the pages and could also include rssfeeds.
comicIDIOT wrote:

Regarding jsTIfied, it is not going to see a port anytime soon as it undergoes active development. Once Kerm is satisfied with the web app he may consider a port to Android and the other platforms but an offsite/app version of jsTIfied maintained by someone else is not something we are considering at the moment.

Are you Kerm's spokesperson now? And since when did you maintain jsTIfied?
comicIDIOT wrote:
Actually, I've been looking into what it would take to bring jsTIfied to Android, since porting HTML5 webapps is surprisingly easy (a la http://developer.android.com/guide/webapps/index.html), but that's on indefinite hold while more pressing projects take my time.
Why not used the Metro language, and iframes at the same time.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours