Great post! One thing though.

Quote:
Keep in mind that when looking through our topics Cemetech has been around for a long time.

Shouldn't this be something like "When looking through our topics, keep in mind that Cemetech has been around for a long time."?
I believe that is correct, as the original sentence implies that Cemetech has only been around a long time when you are looking through our topics! Razz
Kydapoot wrote:
I believe that is correct, as the original sentence implies that Cemetech has only been around a long time when you are looking through our topics! Razz
Necroposting is one of the things that is bad netiquette. Razz But yes, that sentence had a misplaced "that" that I have fixed.
Oh, gosh, sorry, I didn't see the date. My bad!
Thanks I really needed it
I really need to improve my netiquette
In my humble opinion, if we should have to have rules, they should be as follows:

1: People are more inclined to help you if you help them help you.
Put more information in your posts than "[problem]. Please Help". We need to know all pertinent information in order to help you.

2: Be Respectful
If you came here to get help, don't go slamming people who try to help you. Respect other peoples' beliefs and opinions. You don't have to agree, just respect their opinion. If you feel inclined to, write a post to challenge that belief that abides to the Anti-Defamation Policy and Anti-Obscenity/Hatespeech Policy.

3: Be Mature
People don't like spam. Please, don't "double post". If you are posting a correction, use the 'EDIT' button. Otherwise, if you don't have any "game changing" information, and you haven't gotten a reply from your previous post, you are probably double posting.

These rules are simple, and (I believe) they cover just about everything that we could encounter. (With reference to a strict Anti-Defamation Policy)
I don't really find the addition of a rainboe BBCode tag as very enticing when it comes to following a better netiquette. Even though 99% of the Internet have an easier time reading colorful posts like this, Cemetech is an exception, and while the BBCode tag was rarely used in the past, I foresee the day when someone will post a 1000 words post entirely set into an useless color tag. At least posts won't allow CSS, though.

Use it with moderation because black text is much easier to read on light background.
color text lol

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours