It's getting better: Are you looking to optimize this even further? There are many things that you could change. It is quite large right now... It truly is a space wasting attempt. Smile

EDIT: Perhaps this could also work? Could be useful to learn some more commands... Only 422 bytes on my calculator...

Code:
Lbl 9
ClrHome:0
Menu("    GUESS:     ","IMPOSSIBLE",1,"EXTREME",2,"HARD",3,"NORMAL",4,"EASY",5,"RANDOM",6,"QUIT",Q
Lbl 6:randInt(-4,0
Lbl 1:Ans+1
Lbl 2:Ans+1
Lbl 3:Ans+1
Lbl 4:Ans+1
Lbl 5:Ans+1
If Ans=4:Then
rand:Else
randInt(1,5+Ans+15(Ans=5→L
"
For(X,1,L
Ans+sub("0123456789",randInt(1,10),1
End
expr(sub(Ans,2,L-1:End
DelVar PAns→X
While X≠N
P+1→P
Disp "GUESS:
Input "",N
If N>X
Disp "TOO HIGH!
If N<X
Disp "TOO LOW!
End
ClrHome
Disp "YOU WIN!
Disp "IT TOOK YOU","
Output(2,13,P
Disp "GUESSES!
Menu("PLAY AGAIN?","YES",9,"NO",Q
Lbl Q
ClrHome:"
While I have tried this before, I never released it (who would want a massive number guessing game?).

My version had custom font and its own random number generator (ie, it did not use the TIOS rand/randint/etc to generate random numbers), at least 20 different options (including one that involved playing a battle leveler that only let you attack if you guessed the answer right), and a hidden game of ASCII homescreen pong. thanks a lot, now I want to make it again...

Of course, I didnt use xlib or any other external libraries. Raw TI-Basic. it was, well, slow. you should be able to do quite a bit more.
I'll try to release it on Cemetech and Ticalc when I'm done. Doubt it'll get through the elimination process though. I'm trying to get v.1 of the guessing game into the file archives. P.S. this thing is actually useful! might optimize
I've decided to stop posting about it so i can work more on it.
Whoops, be careful! No double posting: That just means I have to take more time to scroll through all of these topics! Sounds like a good idea, but how about adding different game modes, or a hidden game of pong! Smile Good luck, whatever route you might take!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours