For some reason, TI-Connect isn't accessing my TI-84+ SE's memory very well.

In TI Device Explorer, I just get the message:

And when I try to send a program by selecting "Send to TI Device" from windows explorer, I get:

And after I click okay, it says:

I have no idea why this is happening. I send stuff to my calc all of the time. It happened last night, and still does the same thing. Do you think my calc is broken?
You should try re-installing TI-Connect. You should also check that you have the latest version of TI-Connect.
I believe this is a known issue of the next-to-newest TI-Connect. As Dan said, uninstall and get the latest one.
Wow! Another amazingly asked question by foamy with screenshots, attempted solutions....just amazing....

Hope a uninstall/reinstall with the newest version fixes your problem!
I had similar problems with my calc and TI-Connect. You are using the black USB cable right (direct USB), correct? If it is, see if you can get a silverlink and try that. I contactedd TI on this and they sent me a free silverlink to try for free and they said keep it, so I did and never had a problem since
You might try uninstalling Omnicalc, Symbolic, or whatever keyhooks you have. I've had a problem like that before where everything seemed fine and the problem was that some assembly program was running in the background.
Interesting, that's an excellent idea. Go for it.
Great! I tried to update TI-Connect, but it said it was up to date. I then uninstalled Omnicalc, and it worked fine. Thanks again, guys!
Hehe, I knew it! Glad I could help you, foamy. Cool
wierd...what OS version is your 84+Se running?
Only 2.21... Do I have to reformat or anything to upgrade? Will it do a RAM clear?
foamy3 wrote:
Only 2.21... Do I have to reformat or anything to upgrade? Will it do a RAM clear?

it will clear your ram, but your archive will be fine
Kllrnohj wrote:
foamy3 wrote:

it will clear your ram, but your archive will be fine
I'd recommend backing everything up just to be on the safe side; it's always a good idea.
foamy3 wrote:
You can upgrade if you want, but it's really not worth it. There is slightly better graphing on the new versions as well as couple of changes, but really nothing significant. The biggest change is the lock down power with left-right-on when it is off in 2.40, which is another reason why I would recommend not bothering to upgrade.
Bah, TI really snuck that in, too. As far as I know, that's the only additional feature/fix that 2.40 adds.
Yea, that's why I got rid of 2.40 as soon as I found that out and reverted back to good ole 2.30 Smile
Chipmaster wrote:
Yea, that's why I got rid of 2.40 as soon as I found that out and reverted back to good ole 2.30 Smile

Yeah...I would, but seeing as none of my teachers even knew an 84 existed until half the class showed up this year with one...I'm not too worried Wink
Chipmaster wrote:

got a copy?

@kllrnohj: ditto.
Chipmaster wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
You can upgrade if you want, but it's really not worth it. There is slightly better graphing on the new versions as well as couple of changes, but really nothing significant. The biggest change is the lock down power with left-right-on when it is off in 2.40, which is another reason why I would recommend not bothering to upgrade.

There's a lock down power feature in it? How does that work?
If you press LEFT-RIGHT-ON when it's off, it'll start in test-secure mode. You have to send it a list via the calc-to-calc cable before it'll unlock.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours