Well, Cemetech got blocked at school yesterday, and I got a screenshot of the block screen today.
It was blocked by Cisco:

And this is the normal school blocked screen:

And this is the non-normal block screen, for sites not on the blocked list from the school:

I did manage to get past the Cisco, by using https://
Any explanation to why Cemetech is considered to have malware would be much appreciated.
My school also uses the iBoss filter. It says that Cemetech is blocked due to this reason: "Website contains prohibited Forums content." This is a new filter that we just started using this year. Last year, Cemetech was accessible. Now, it is blocked like many other educational services such as Dropbox, OneDrive, and SugarSync. However, I do find that tibasicdev.wikidot.com is not blocked.
Your school isn't purposely blocking Cemetech. However, your school likely uses Cisco hardware appliances such as their routers. Routers themselves, especially those on an enterprise level, typically feature a website filtering system similar to some browsers. Cisco uses "IOS Content Filtering." This might be something the school - but it might be as far up as the district or county offices - can explicitly whitelist. And if they do, ensure it's *.cemetech.net/*

My only assumption why we are blocked by Cisco is over the "Heartbleed" security exploit, though why a website would be blocked because it's vulnerable to an exploit and not scamming people or phishing is pretty silly. I recommend reaching out to your principal or IT department and ask them about it. If they can't do anything then write a letter to the District Office IT and if they can't do anything escalate the letter to your County Office of Education. At the end of all this Cemetech should become unblocked and if it isn't hopefully you'll get a reason as to why it was and the staff here can address it. Such as, if it is in fact Cisco blocking us then we can reach out to them.
Ignore comic. He doesn't know anything about networking systems.
Well, something changed, and it's not blocked anymore. the school does use Cisco routers.
allynfolksjr wrote:

Damnit, allynfolksjr! Why must you be such a jeark to everyone. If you don't have anything useful to post, don't post.

Anyway, commicIDIOT is right. Cemetech is blocked at our school, but when we login to our iBoss account, we can access it.
willwac wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:

Damnit, allynfolksjr! Why must you be such a jeark to everyone. If you don't have anything useful to post, don't post.

I appreciate your defense but allynfolksjr is our resident troll. While he occasionally provides insightful information, it is best to ignore his posts until you learn to tell his trolling apart from actual advice.
...for every force there must exist an equal and opposite force.

Rolling Eyes
Alright.
allynfolksjr wrote:

Well, then you obviously have a better explanation to the problem...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours