Well, I think it's time to be 2015 now. I've uploaded an "official" version now with all the changes in it, such as the completely re-written tokenizer and detokenizer. I've also fixed a bug with backslash-escaping single tokens. I've also made it do when you set the save directory, that also sets the build directory. I was really getting tired of having to set both.
Download:
http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=515

Please continue to feed me feature requests and bug reports.
tifreak8x wrote:
Feature request!

For Pokemon Purple, I was using large sheets of graph paper so I could put the characters in place for the maps and make sure things were lined up.

I was wondering if Tokens could offer something similar, where a user could change the amount of rows/columns are displayed, and tie in the pretty print (where theta becomes θ) so people could make maps, and then have it where it can be exported or copied out as a string, with blank cells being spaces. Being able to highlight the string to send back to the tool would also be handy.

I think this is the only request I still have.
Would it be possible to add an option to dither imported images?

If it's already there then I haven't found it, but if not-- could there be an option to change the filepaths to the External Tools menu options?

Edit: Interestingly, right after I posted this and tried to reopen TokenIDE, this second (light red) popup popped up:

No idea what it means or why it's there (the original popup was still present) but... yeah.
Read the read me. You can change this in the ini file.
Apparently the current trimming of leading whitespace on lines is a bug, but I'd recommend leaving that as an optional feature. It allows for indented source files with the indentation stripped from the "compiled" file.

Along similar lines, I would also appreciate an option to strip out blank lines. Together, they would allow much better source code organization without resulting in "compiled" code bloat.
Trying to run it on Linux using Mono 4.0.2. Whenever I try to open it I get a error dialog saying "Unable to load default file Tokens\DCS8.xml, quitting." and it opens up the editor normally after I hit OK, but whenever I try to click any of the menus the program quits and this is the error log I get:

Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Merthsoft.TokenIDE.Prog8xEditWindow.set_TokenData (Merthsoft.Tokens.TokenData value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Merthsoft.TokenIDE.Prog8xEditWindow..ctor (Merthsoft.Tokens.TokenData td, System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) Merthsoft.TokenIDE.Prog8xEditWindow:.ctor (Merthsoft.Tokens.TokenData,string)
  at Merthsoft.TokenIDE.Tokens.AddNewTab () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Merthsoft.TokenIDE.Tokens.fileToolStripMenuItem2_Click (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.HandleClick (Int32 mouse_clicks, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent (System.EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem:FireEvent (System.EventArgs,System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemEventType)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mea) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mea) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmLButtonUp (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Bug: When using the color xLibC hex image editor, if xLibC or Full565 color palettes are selected, you can't use the File options Insert and Exit or Copy Hex.
That's not a bug. Those types don't support that option, because there are no APIs that work with that type of data, so I don't know how to structure it.
merthsoft wrote:
That's not a bug. Those types don't support that option, because there are no APIs that work with that type of data, so I don't know how to structure it.

Really? Interesting. Would you have any suggestions on how to convert an image with the xLibC or Full565 palettes into hex code without using Token? Or is it not possible at all?

Edit: I understand how to do this now.
As a feature request, do you think you could add a matrix editor, like the one on the CSE?
Noticed a slight inconsistency with the token files:

Tokens.xml wrote:
<Token byte="$7F" string="□" stringTerminator="false">
<Alt string="squareplot" />
<Alt string="plotsquare" />

TI-84+CSE.xml wrote:
<Token byte="$7F" string="plotsquare" stringTerminator="false">
<Alt string="squareplot" />
<Alt string="□" />

Noticed this as an 'issue' when viewing map data for Pokemon Purple, thought that it would have put the actual plot square in there, but didn't, and this is what I found on my investigation. Might be something to put into your xmls for future updates to Tokens if you add anything to it in the future Smile
How do I make sprites using this? Is it on a computer or with the calculator itself? I'm making an RPG game and am wondering how it works. How many sprites can I put on the calculator at a time?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours