Well, I figured it might be an issue to others as well. If I make the changes, do you want the file to add to future updates, or just leave it to others to deal with?

Tokens doesn't like 28kb sized files, by the way. lol Loads it, just takes a few seconds.
Runer112 wrote:
To annoy you both, I should mention that // is valid syntax in many places in Axe source code, including at the very start of a line. (It's the signed division operator)
Then I'll have to remind people to use /\/ in SourceCoder. Smile Thanks for pointing that out. And Merthsoft, thank you for explaining why that's the way it is.
tifreak8x wrote:
Well, I figured it might be an issue to others as well. If I make the changes, do you want the file to add to future updates, or just leave it to others to deal with?

Tokens doesn't like 28kb sized files, by the way. 0x5 Loads it, just takes a few seconds.
I'll probably just leave it for others to deal with. I work primarily with txt file instead of 8xps, and I've been suggesting that other people do since the beginning. If you use \pi and then save it, it'll save the \ and you won't have a problem. You're running into issues because you load up the 8xp. When you do that, you lose all your escaping, comments, and preprocessor directives. You lose nothing except a tiny tiny tiny tiny bit of disk space by just working straight out of the txt files.
I've added the ability to strip out whitespace from the start of lines, so that you can indent your programs if you want:

Results in:

Downsides:
1) No auto-indent just yet
2) The editor I'm using doesn't support tabs, and instead just inserts 4 spaces.
3) Can't yet customize tab-width (this will be a setting in the ini soon, though).

I know I've made lots of updates without uploading yet. I'll update the download once I get home (should be Sunday).

EDIT: Teaser:
Auto-complete looks all sorts of fancy. Very Happy
Works with preprocs now, too:

Alsom, I made some changed that should make loading large files quicker--it only does syntax highlighting for the current view range, it also delays the highlighting when scrolling. That means that when you first load a program and scroll, it might be all black for a second and then do the highlighting, but I think that's okay.

And, and often-requested feature:
Alright, I've finally updated the upload with all of these features. Here's a rundown:
Better handling of preproc in the highligher:

Indenting is stripped out on files:

This is driven through the XML file. In the Styles node, set trimStart="false" to disable it (Axe might want this disabled?). Enabled by default.
Auto-complete list:

Hiding the ref pane:

Pretty printing while typing:

The way this works is it detects if you typed an "Alt" token, and if you did it replaces it with the "Main" token. Right now those are the only tokens that have their prettier versions as their main, because I used them in testing. I'll switch 'em all out eventually.

Download:
http://merthsoft.com/Tokens.zip
These screenshots all look fantastic! Loving the auto complete, and really really loving the hiding of the ref pane.

I will try downloading and trying it out in the next day or two, when I'm not so swamped!
Pretty printing while typing! Huzzah! Now I can give TI Program Editor the boot once and for all.
Runer112 wrote:
Pretty printing while typing! Huzzah! Now I can give TI Program Editor the boot once and for all.

I have yet to try anything else ! Rolling Eyes
Very nice update Smile
Thanks guys! Next up is making it work on Linux again!
I've played around with it, the newer features seem to be working nicely. However, I have an appvar at roughly 39KB, that doesn't like scrolling left to right with the bar, and it doesn't like making changes, both with live update off.
Saying it "doesn't like" something is not a very descriptive bug report...
Sorry, it freezes up and takes several seconds to think about things. Using your arrow keys to move left and right works just fine.
Thanks for fixing the live update bug Smile

Feature request: Being able to drag tabs around to reorder them would be helpful, sometimes.
Okay, fixes since last update:
1) Works under Linux again. Sorry about that, Linux users.
2) Changing tokens files shouldn't crash it anymore.
3) Fixed weird crash when using pretty printing
4) Fixed issue where LiveUpdate was being ignored
5) Dragable tabs (disabled on Linux due to a crash).

There's another bug somewhere that I thought I had posted about but now I can't find it...

Here's the download:
http://merthsoft.com/Tokens.zip

And here's a screenshot of OpenSUSE running it:
I didn't have much time to follow TokenIDE lately, but have you implemented the ability to export to 8xp file in one click? Currently, the version that I have only does 1-click .txt save, not 8xp, which isn't very convenient when trying to translate a very large game into French or vice-versa.
It's done one click/one keypress for .8xp for a long time now. Current versions, you just hit F5 and it tokenizes the file and spits out a .8xp

Edit:

Not sure if this will help isolate the issue with appvars not being tokenized.
Strange, if by long time you mean since Last Summer and even earlier this Fall, then I was unable to find the option. However, does F5 saves every open file or just the current one? I really meant 1-click bulk 8xp save.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours