I love a little backstory: Back in December my friend had to return his PS4 because of the Target Data Breach and Gamestop would only buy his controller back for 30 bucks. I bought it off him and since I already had two, figured it would be a worthy controller to paint and sacrifice if I messed up.

Fast forward two months I lent a controller out to a friend and a few days later I went to pick it up that night. I let it sit for a few days because at the time I was getting by just fine on the two controllers I had until I ended up playing a game where three of us would play. The controller I got back had damage. I mark my controllers when I loan them out so I know I get the same controller back and I did get the same controller back. I brought it up to my friend and he said he nor the apartments dogs did it. What more could I do? I mean, I let it sit a few days nor did I check it over when I got it back. My 15 year old cat probably chewed it up or I hit it with the weed wacker when I cleaned my room a bit. Who knows.

I really wanted a paint job that matched and connected with my PS4 on a visual level. So I set out to Home Depot and got seven paint samples that matched the colors on my PS4. I two toned the controller, a dark blue-gray as the base and a light blue on the right side-handle where the action buttons are. I had a friend paint the color on by brush because I just didn't trust myself. My semi-gloss clear coat was actually for unfinished/painted/treated wood not paint nor plastic so that was fun to try and get right.

In the end. I'm happy with it. I have two more controllers and more ways to make it as creative than before.

Before:

After:

Imgur Album

I'll be sure to post a picture when I do the other controllers.
Woah, you have a PS4? What do you do with it?
allynfolksjr wrote:
Woah, you have a PS4? What do you do with it?

Netflix.
Woah. That is sick.
How'd you manage to repair that left thumb stick?
Thanks! I found a lot of 10 pairs for about 13 bucks on eBay.
So I'm assuming you took off the front "casing" of sorts painted it white then did that awesome color paint job? You should post this on a gaming forum and maybe people would want you to customize their paddles.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours