I just read this article and found it incredibly interesting and enlightening.
http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=1814327
An interesting read, nice find.
elfprince13 wrote:
I just read this article and found it incredibly interesting and enlightening.
http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=1814327
Fascinating read, Elfprince13, good to know that there's still advances to be made even the algorithms thought to be the most optimized.
Saw this elsewhere first, but a good read. I'm somewhat surprised that it hadn't occurred to anyone to try to improve locality of reference in a heap in such a way before.. it really is quite similar to a B-tree that follows heap ordering.
Very interesting read, tis a shame I understood very little of it, I'll have to bookmark it for next year when I get to some more indepth programing courses.
hmm... interesting...

unfortunately for me though... it raised more questions than what it answered... Sad
schoolhacker wrote:
hmm... interesting...

unfortunately for me though... it raised more questions than what it answered... Sad
Well, like what? I'm sure any of us that have a decent knowledge of the subject would be sure to answer well-reasoned and researched questions. Smile
Cool! Always nice to know that not even the "most optimized" routines are always the best.
calcdude84se wrote:
Cool! Always nice to know that not even the "most optimized" routines are always the best.
True story. If this wasn't the case, then technology fields would be no fun to work in. The whole calculator community, for example, is based on doing more and more with among the most limited hardware platform still commercially sold.
calcdude84se wrote:

Your username...it sounds....familiar....
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
calcdude84se wrote:

Your username...it sounds....familiar....

Yes it does but he is not Calc84maniac, they just have similar nicks.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours