Galandros wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
I'll have to look into that project, and on a side note, I wonder if there are any CBL/CBR devices on eBay.

I wonder what isn't in eBay.

Wonderful to hear interest on the CBL or CBR devices. If one I could get one in my hands with my calculator I could do some tricks with it. And do some experiments with a CalcLab like program (I think it was the proposed name for Calcsys for CBL/CBR).
I couldn't find any Calculator-Based Loggers currently available on eBay, although I did see a set of two Calculator-Based Rangers for $35.00 for the pair, or $85 Buy It Now.
I have both a CBL and CBL2, but no CBR.

The CBL 2 is one fascinating device, it supports unsigned firmware upgrades the same way the TI Presenter does. I'd like to finish LabSys one day (Detached Solutions' Calcsys for CBL/CBR).
What exactly the are the CBL/CBR devices for? I don't think I've ever seen one.
elfprince13 wrote:
What exactly the are the CBL/CBR devices for? I don't think I've ever seen one.
A CBR is, according to a stub on Wikipedia, "Calculator-Based Ranger, a motion-detection device used in math and science classrooms." The article on CBL seems to have been written by somehow who didn't know what they were talking about, but the part that is correct states "The Calculator-Based Laboratory (CBL) is a data collection device manufactured by Texas Instruments and introduced in 1994. The CBL can be used to collect data either in conjunction with a TI graphing calculator, or on its own."

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours