Do any of you know the IP so I can see the server list? All I'm seeing is a empty list.
Jimmg wrote:
Do any of you know the IP so I can see the server list? All I'm seeing is a empty list.
Cemetech maintains the master list. If you see an empty list, then there are no servers online at the moment.
But isn't there supposedly a dedi of some sort ran by Cyber?
Both Jonimus (TheStorm) and Cyber have dedicated servers up from time to time. There is still a little bit of weirdness with the in-game server list, but you can always check http://www.cemetech.net/scripts/torqueauth.php?listservers and try manually joining by IP. No guarantee that all the servers on that list will be free of firewalling though.
I'm not surprised that there's not servers running right now. I will put up my server just for the hell of it.
Mines been down since that main drive went down in that machine, I can maybe work on getting it resetup this weekend but I make no promises.
TheStorm wrote:
Mines been down since that main drive went down in that machine, I can maybe work on getting it resetup this weekend but I make no promises.
I could run a dedicated on one of the Simms nodes, but I was waiting for LDraw to be implemented so I wouldn't need to lose or convert all my creations once LDraw support was introduced. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
I could run a dedicated on one of the Simms nodes, but I was waiting for LDraw to be implemented so I wouldn't need to lose or convert all my creations once LDraw support was introduced. Smile

My guess is that a conversion script wouldn't be so so difficult. I should get back to work though. This week is a little hectic with Courtney graduating though.
You're going to have to make a conversion script, or else ToB players will be hesitant to move over.

Also, I can't even join Cyberprimes server from direct IP join and it's supposedly up atm.
Lucas W wrote:
You're going to have to make a conversion script, or else ToB players will be hesitant to move over.[...]
Indeed, and who would want to lose years of TBM / TBM2 / ToB builds? Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Lucas W wrote:
You're going to have to make a conversion script, or else ToB players will be hesitant to move over.[...]
Indeed, and who would want to lose years of TBM / TBM2 / ToB builds? Smile

Point is, I have invested tens of thousands of bricks in builds. It isn't an option.
Anything on why I can't join Cyberprime's server?
Probably some port forwarding issues. Right now it should be down considering I'm not home, and my machine is down. I will put up another on this laptop.
CyberPrime wrote:
Probably some port forwarding issues. Right now it should be down considering I'm not home, and my machine is down. I will put up another on this laptop.
If Windows Remote Assistance can perform seamless NAT traversal and uPnP, why can't we do the same thing? There must be information somewhere out there about it.
I rather like the idea of Simms running a server. Especially if it becomes sentient and sucks all the players into the game to make them do battle on light cycles.
KermMartian wrote:
CyberPrime wrote:
If Windows Remote Assistance can perform seamless NAT traversal and uPnP, why can't we do the same thing? There must be information somewhere out there about it.

Somehow Badspot solved this problem. I remember him screaming about it to a noob that asked how to PF in his help section.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours