http://www.unitedti.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=8904&view=findpost&p=135282

This is awesometastic news, now that I have some great material in place, I can really get into building the new version of this game with the lastest Doors and it's commands Very Happy

Dunno when we'll see it, but I'm totally stoked! Comments and critiques are welcome and encouraged here ^^

I am happy to see you finally managed to finish them. I can't imagine all the work this must have been. Nice job!
That's amazingly epic, JoeYoung; many congratulations! I'm also looking forward to having you do development in/with Doors CS, and I hope you'll find the editor and features sufficient for your needs (although as DCS7 is still in beta, I do strongly recommend frequent backing-up to groups). Smile Congrats!
Is this project assembly or Basic?
It's in basic ^_^;

with libraries. I want to extend it into asm some day but I'm not quite skilled enough now to do so. Also checking the usefulness of axe parser.
wow... that's pretty impressive!

how long did that take you!?
about a year
JoeYoung wrote:
about a year
Very nice!

As someone unfamiliar with Pokemon (sorry, Merthsoft), I am curious why there's three of each one. Is that some kind of upgrade path for each one, or is it an animation? The third of each kind seems to be doing something like an emotion or an attack, as far as I can tell.
KermMartian wrote:
JoeYoung wrote:
about a year
Very nice!

As someone unfamiliar with Pokemon (sorry, Merthsoft), I am curious why there's three of each one. Is that some kind of upgrade path for each one, or is it an animation? The third of each kind seems to be doing something like an emotion or an attack, as far as I can tell.

The 3 in a horizontal row are different frames for an animation. Species are listed vertically, with the null (blank) spaces referencing Pokemon 000, Bulbasaur as 001, Ivysaur as 002, etc.

Theoretically, there is no reason why a 4th gen game would be impossible on the ti83+, with 493 pokemon.
KermMartian wrote:
JoeYoung wrote:
about a year
Very nice!

wth kind of deprived childhood did you have anyway? Even I managed to time-share a 1989 Gameboy and play through Blue version multiple times. Still have my cartridge too, although I gave all my cards to my brother.
KermMartian wrote:
As someone unfamiliar with Pokemon

GIVE ME YOUR ADDRESS AND I WILL SEND YOU MY RED VERSION ASAP
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Awesome jpg is awesome. Though awesome_huge.png is still my favorite.
TheStorm wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Awesome jpg is awesome. Though awesome_huge.png is still my favorite.

wow... really!?
you should play it!

though it really gets repetitive sometimes...
but then thats just my opinion....
Any progress on this, JoeYoung? It looks quite promising, and I hope you, Buckeye, and tifreak8x will have an interesting three-way competition of pokemon completion. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Any progress on this, JoeYoung? It looks quite promising, and I hope you, Buckeye, and tifreak8x will have an interesting three-way competition of pokemon completion. Smile

right this second I'm working on getting all these sprites into my calculator using Ti-Connect because CalcGS is unreliable.

then more doors testing
JoeYoung wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

right this second I'm working on getting all these sprites into my calculator using Ti-Connect because CalcGS is unreliable.

then more Doors CS testing
Huzzah! You will of course report any bugs that you run into to me if you find any. Smile
Eh, not Pokemon, but generated with something written for Doors and might be relevant. Can I change the title and just make this my general graphics thread? Razz

Also KermM, does Doors utilize the real( compatibility from xLib or CelticIII? afaik Celtic3 fixed up a few of the quirks and added a little extra functionality, but I haven't tested to see whether Doors supports it.

Pic related.

I'm pretty sure Doors implements the Celtic versions of most routines.
cool picture, nice hair fro! Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours