Do you think that you can have Doors detect that a program is the source code for an uncompiled Axe program?
Reapex wrote:
Do you think that you can have Doors detect that a program is the source code for an uncompiled Axe program?
Is there a special header? What would be the use of this, a special icon?
And instead of running upon click, you could have it open in the Basic editor Smile
Unless any shell uses the .STUFF syntax for headers, it could label programs starting with a dot as Axe source files (and preferably not try to run them)
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Unless any shell uses the .STUFF syntax for headers, it could label programs starting with a dot as Axe source files (and preferably not try to run them)
I don't know of any, and I'll definitely consider adding this to the DetectType and RunBASICProg subsystems. Would a lot of people be in favor of this?
An icon would be nifty, along with being able to go directly to the editor, as calc84maniac mentioned.
It beats opening some program and finding out it won't ever run D=
I believe that Axe Source programs start with:
:.NAME description
You should use the same icon as Axe creates for MirageOs and DCS compiled programs. Maybe try to stick "SOURCE" in it, if it fits, or "CODE", to distinguish them from compiled Axe programs
So I'll make Doors CS think of them as if they're simply nostub BASIC programs, with two important exceptions

1) If nostub BASIC programs start with (the two-character regex match) /\.[^0-9]/, then I will label them with an Axe Source icon instead of a standard BASIC icon.
2) When preparing the parser for BASIC program execution, if it has that regex match, I'll jump into the error handler / editor context, so the source will be unarchived and editing can occur.

How about this icon?
lol, awesome icon.
That looks cool Kerm xD
Aight, got the first half of that down, identifying Axe source programs. Now on to the harder half of it, making Doors CS edit Axe programs instead of trying to execute them.

Edit: And here's a variety of execution scenarios, including DCS and Homerun, archived and RAM, locked and unlocked.

Ooh nice Very Happy

I like how we can edit locked programs without having to unlock them first
That's purty =)
I guess it's being implemented in the next beta?
DJ Omnimaga wrote:

Kerm, is this a bug or a feature?
elfprince13 wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:

Kerm, is this a bug or a feature?
That's a feature. Back in the day Doors CS simply refused to edit locked programs, then in 6.3 and 6.4 beta, you would get a TI-OS-triggered ERR:SYNTAX if you tried to edit a locked program, either archived or in RAM, and in 6.5 beta and above, programs are invisibly unlocked and relocked for the editor.
Way to go!
yoman82 wrote:
Way to go!
Thanks Yoman! I am glad I was able to get this out of the way so quickly after it was announced, and the implementation of the new type is relatively clean and non-hacky.
KermMartian wrote:
yoman82 wrote:
Way to go!
Thanks Yoman! I am glad I was able to get this out of the way so quickly after it was announced, and the implementation of the new type is relatively clean and non-hacky.

Yeah, it's nice to see that the two most promising projects nowadays are working together. Just a question, any possibility of porting some of the dcs routines into AXE? Those nice windows in games would be something, but I'm not sure how difficult it'd be. *ASM tard*
Well, you could always just call them via inline ASM (I think that Axe lets you use inline ASM?), but if not, I'd be more than happy to work with Quigibo to make a nice way to hook into the routines. If Axe programs had a way to use the Doors CS GUI system, they'd be able to do all the other fun things Doors CS enables, like playing quadraphonic songs, run programs, etc.
That would be really cool. I think I eventually will add support for simple external libraries that asm programmers can write to increase the functionality of the parser by adding new commands. A DCS library would be a great application for this. Another advantage is that the library could be updated independent of Axe updates so it would always be current with new versions of Doors CS even when axe is finished.

But yeah, in the meantime, you can use inline asm code.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours