I don't know how to say it, but, the GUI is terrible. The chat box is too thin.

The Blue bar is pointless, which leaves the health bar which could go Vertical and have a number above.

The brick selection is............ TBM had it right, but it looked ugly, you could say.
Believe it or not, the energy meter does have a purpose Wink If you have better chat box designs, I'm happy to see them, and the inventory will probably see a little more revamping once we switch brick libraries, but will probably keep that general design.
Quote:
will probably keep that general design.

No.
The general design is the same as TBM and Blockland, if you didn't notice. It just has some artistic ginger thrown on top.
Then what's the pointless box in the middle?
Lucas W wrote:
Then what's the pointless box in the middle?

Brick preview.
but it's in the way of my brick selection.
Lucas W wrote:
but it's in the way of my brick selection.

No....your brick selection diverts around it.
and that makes it horrible
Lucas W wrote:
and that makes it horrible

Feel free to make whatever inventory mod you want. You'll need a hook to PlayGui::onWake and PlayGui::onSleep to remove the existing inventory, and you'll need to override the callbacks for inventory switching.
try putting the brick preview to the right of the inventory, with the option of using it as a PIP for cameras, like in any RTS game.
In case you guys missed it, please see also Looking for Suggestions or Redesigns of the GUI for additional discussion on this topic.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours