I found a bug but i do not have a screenshot of it right now. ill see if i can get one. when i enter any of my programs and the program asks for input my cursor is at the top left and then it blocks what text is under it and then i dont have a cursor when i type in something. Thats all that I have found.
hey101 wrote:
I found a bug but i do not have a screenshot of it right now. ill see if i can get one. when i enter any of my programs and the program asks for input my cursor is at the top left and then it blocks what text is under it and then i dont have a cursor when i type in something. Thats all that I have found.
Is this in BASIC programs or in assembly programs? Are there any examples on ticalc.org that I could put on my emulator and see what you're seeing?
basic and heres the link to one of the programs i used http://www.ticalc.org/pub/83/basic/math/algebra/algebra2program.zip

and heres two screens:

The programs were also archived at the time of running them.
also whats a good emulator for the 84+se?
hey101 wrote:
basic and heres the link to one of the programs i used http://www.ticalc.org/pub/83/basic/math/algebra/algebra2program.zip

and heres two screens:

The programs were also archived at the time of running them.
also whats a good emulator for the 84+se?
I was unable to duplicate this problem. Might I surmise that you are using OS 2.53MP, the dreaded MathPrint OS?
yah so that might be it.

edit: yep it is. I just changed the mode to classic and it fixed it. So sorry about that. I forgot that i had it on. Why are you against mathprint?
hey101 wrote:
yah so that might be it.

edit: yep it is. I just changed the mode to classic and it fixed it. So sorry about that. I forgot that i had it on. Why are you against mathprint?

It's buggy. http://www.brandonw.net has a patched copied that fixes at least one known issue, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are more.
I'll try to figure out what's causing that so I can work around their bug, but no promises. Sad
I guess DDE6 just isn't compatible with Dcs7, because when I try to edit already made documents, the editing bar won't show up, and when I try to save a document (the Save As button), there are lines that start to appear everywhere, the cursor starts to do something like window art, and then the screen freezes. I have to then remove a battery, put it back in, restart the calculator, then the RAM clears. That's a pretty major bug, you need to put in some DDE6 compatibility.
Folders go crazy when you try to hide them, turning into basic programs editable by DCS, but not by TIOS. Hitting hide enough times (5-6) turns them back.
ERITincorporated wrote:
I guess DDE6 just isn't compatible with Dcs7, because when I try to edit already made documents, the editing bar won't show up, and when I try to save a document (the Save As button), there are lines that start to appear everywhere, the cursor starts to do something like window art, and then the screen freezes. I have to then remove a battery, put it back in, restart the calculator, then the RAM clears. That's a pretty major bug, you need to put in some DDE6 compatibility.
You're running 2.53MP, aren't you? That's the only TI-OS that I've seen this happen under so far.

yoman82 wrote:
Folders go crazy when you try to hide them, turning into basic programs editable by DCS, but not by TIOS. Hitting hide enough times (5-6) turns them back.
Thnks for the report, added to my To-Do list.
KermMartian wrote:

yoman82 wrote:

Glad to be of service.
yoman82 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

yoman82 wrote:

Glad to be of service.
And now it's fixed. Smile The fix will be part of Doors CS 6.4 beta.
*bump* Just so no one think I've been slacking, I've been working very VERY heavily over the past week or so, here's what I've achieved (in reverse order)

:: Initial successes running ASM programs and AP files from the homescreen. (5/24/2010)
:: Repaired cleanup of RunProg chain when no handler is found for an AP file. (5/23/2010)
:: Fixed responsiveness issue with shortcut keys ([1] through [6]). (5/23/2010)
:: Fixed a minor bug where an unnecessary temporary file would be created and left on the DCS desktop under certain FileOpen conditions. (5/22/2010)
:: Repaired bug in canceling out of a FileOpen prompt, properly removes GUI items added for opening. (5/22/2010)
:: Fixed the Launch DCS on Poweron bug - one instance of "DoorsCS6" had not been changed to "DoorsCS7". (5/22/2010)
:: Fixed three bugs related to custom mouse cursors, including editing the cursor and resetting the default. (5/21/2010)
:: Renamed and copied files now end up in the same folder as their original. (5/21/2010)
:: Repaired renaming folders. (5/21/2010)
:: Repaired two bugs with folders: both hiding folders and pasting a folder into itself are now detected and prevented. (5/21/2010)
:: Found final (?) bug in FileOpen/SaveAs, Save remains untested. (5/21/2010)
:: Continued debugging FileOpen/Save/SaveAs, also solved an unrelated graphics bug. (5/20/2010)
:: Worked on FileOpen/Save/SaveAs, introduced RelocatablePtr1 and 2. (5/19/2010)
:: Wrote and debugged routine to move gui7 appvar to highmem. Removed Power menu to save 280 bytes. (5/18/2010)
:: Debugging ASM RunProg Chaining functionality, began work on AP GUIs. (5/17/2010)
:: Upgraded ASM sections, writeback, and AP sections of RunProg Chaining, performed testing and debugging, found and more items to upgrade. (5/16/2010)
:: Upgraded BASIC sections of RunProg, tested, and debugged as per RunProg Chaining. (5/16/2010)
:: Finished auditing existing ProgNameSpace usage, designed core functionality of new RunProg Chaining system, and implemented four base functions to manage the chain. (5/16/2010)
:: With heroic assistance from BrandonW, fixed an issue where the Instant Goto would fail to find what program needed to be edited on error. (05/15/2010)
:: Found and repaired problem with Instant Goto'ing to first line of a program. (5/12/2010)

Some relevant Wiki pages:
:: http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Doors_CS_7_Scratchwork
:: http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=RunProg_Chaining
Very nice work Kerm Very Happy Sweet progress.
All your betas are belong to us!
Kerm, you are awesome.
the instant power-on thing does nothing on a ti-83+ and causes a RAM clear on the nispirre.

I think the last one is causes bt 1.6's slight instability but I dont care, i only need DCS to turn on properly.

P.S. I think the battery meter is waaaayyy offf on the nspire.

P.S.S I spy a double post from Kerm Wink
qazz42 wrote:
P.S.S I spy a double post from Kerm Wink

that's not a double-post, that's a bump. double-posting is OK if there's 24 hours between the posts, making it a bump.
So after over 24 hours of brain-wracking and intense stepping through OS code with the help of Brandon's disassemblies, I managed to figure out that the OS expects certain things to be true of the 9-byte memory location (parseVar) when _parseInp is called. This fixed the last of the problems (that I can find, anway) with executing programs directly from the homescreen, so I proceeded to implement another feature, both forcing Garbage Collects to occur instead of displaying the Garbage Collect? menu from within DCS, and overriding the default Garbage Collecting... message with a more GUIfied alternative. It looks pretty straightforward, but actually uses a apir of hooks that I'm quite proud of. And yes, that stray pixel is just a screenshot artifact.

Edit: Just to give you guys an idea of the cyclic nature of my memory usage:

Code:
Page 0 is 15376 bytes long (1008 bytes to spare)
Page 1 is 16089 bytes long (295 bytes to spare)
Page 2 is 1652 bytes long (14732 bytes to spare)
I just love that new Garbage Collect message!
Will it also work in BASIC programs?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours