how come "l o l" is replaced with lol?

anyone care to explain???
Kerm doesn't like it.
KeithJohansen wrote:

ehh... ok?
it kinda obstructed many of my conversations lol...

i had to click edit a lot Razz

oh well... i guess.... then i shall just replace lol with haha
My pet peeve is that Laughing Out Loud has lost all trace of meaning. When people type it, it no longer indicates that they're actually laughing aloud; it's become almost a filler like um and uh in spoken English. I'm trying to make people think a bit, and try to avoid saying it unless they're actually amused or laughing.
What if you're like me who literally chuckles out loud more often than not? Razz lol
KeithJohansen wrote:
What if you're like me who literally chuckles out loud more often than not? Razz lol
Then you can legitimately laugh out loud. Smile
I like how the home page actually displays "lol" as "lol" but here on the forum it show's it as 0x5 Rolling Eyes
KermMartian wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:
Then you can legitimately laugh out loud. Smile

yeap... i am just going to say haha instead now Razz
KeithJohansen wrote:
lol

seriously, though, I agree lol is overused and lost its meaning. If the person is really loling, though, I prefer he won't disrupt the forum page with a 80 char long "HAHAHA" written in 24px fonts Razz
xlibman wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:
lol

seriously, though, I agree 0x5 is overused and lost its meaning. If the person is really loling, though, I prefer he won't disrupt the forum page with a 80 char long "HAHAHA" written in 24px fonts Razz
This is why Kerm never invokes punishment for word-censor workarounds. Smile
(At least from my experience Razz )

Heck, if you want to express your lol's, do so. But I agree it's incredibly overused. (Me being one of the hardcore abusers of lol DX )
swivelgames wrote:
xlibman wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:
lol

seriously, though, I agree 0x5 is overused and lost its meaning. If the person is really loling, though, I prefer he won't disrupt the forum page with a 80 char long "HAHAHA" written in 24px fonts Razz
This is why Kerm never invokes punishment for word-censor workarounds. Smile
(At least from my experience Razz )

Heck, if you want to express your lol's, do so. But I agree it's incredibly overused. (Me being one of the hardcore abusers of lol DX )

i kinda am like that...
when i am in a good mood i usually put lol at the end of my sentences a lot...

and here i kinda feel like a part of my personality is missing Sad
(haha just doesn't feel the same Sad)

in real life i sometimes instead of actually laughing i axctually pronounce "lawl" in a funny tone.
I usually just end up putting a smiley face at the end of my posts, since I smile a lot in real life.
KermMartian wrote:
I usually just end up putting a smiley face at the end of my posts, since I smile a lot in real life.
Lies.

But alike lol, smiley faces can be overused too... I know people who append smileys to pretty much everything sentence.[/quote]

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours