http://legouniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Declaration_of_Secrecy

"This could possibly be to keep other competitors (such as Roblox or Blockland) from copying ideas"-wikia entery Mad

By the way I got into closed beta, it was so bad I deleted it after 10 min, its nothing like freebuild you dont even build anything.
dark9771 wrote:
http://legouniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Declaration_of_Secrecy

"This could possibly be to keep other competitors (such as Roblox or Blockland) from copying ideas"-wikia entery Mad

By the way I got into closed beta, it was so bad I deleted it after 10 min, its nothing like freebuild you dont even build anything.

if it sux then it sux its not going to be able to compete
It's an MMORPG, not a sandbox game. Totally different genres. Even a brief glimpse of the trailer could have told you this.
Yeah, I could tell from the trailers (and even some of the renders and info before the trailers) that it wasn't intended to be a sandbox game like Blockland and Freebuild. I'm sure it will be fun in its own right, but I don't think it will overlap too much with our userbase.
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, I could tell from the trailers (and even some of the renders and info before the trailers) that it wasn't intended to be a sandbox game like Blockland and Freebuild. I'm sure it will be fun in its own right, but I don't think it will overlap too much with our userbase.

I would amend that to say that it will probably overlap with a fair portion of our userbase, given the common Lego themedness, I just don't think it will steal them away from us or serve as a replacement for the gaming experience we have to offer.
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I would amend that to say that it will probably overlap with a fair portion of our userbase, given the common Lego themedness, I just don't think it will steal them away from us or serve as a replacement for the gaming experience we have to offer.
OK, that's a better way of phrasing it. I did indeed intend that meaning, that I don't think someone would abandon Freebuild for LEGO Universe or vice versa, as there is little commonality in gameplay, even if there's a commonality in theme. I could absolutely see someone who was into gaming and LEGOs enjoying both.
There is a common thing between the two: Both are in heavy development.
Lucas W wrote:
I don't know how heavy the Freebuild development is until Elfprince and CyberPrime get their final exams done. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Lucas W wrote:
I don't know how heavy the Freebuild development is until Elfprince and CyberPrime get their final exams done. Smile

oooh! ooh! I'm done! I just need to do some for-profit web development tomorrow, and I think I'm back on the freebuild train. CyberPrime is probably taking his AP Economics exam sometime soon though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours