Hello,
I would like to learn how to make my own circuitboards and such, but despite my best internet crawling, I cannot seem to find beginner resources, and Cemetech's search engine (sorry KermM) kinda sucks. So, does anyone have an idea how I can get started? I want to eventually do some Ben Ryvves type of things, if that gets a better frame of mind for my question.
Try looking in this subforum (*hint* *hint* look at the announcement topics at the top of this subforum.)
That's where I looked first, however, simply owning all the materials needed does not equal knowing what to do with them.
SirCmpwn wrote:
That's where I looked first, however, simply owning all the materials needed does not equal knowing what to do with them.

And how about the other topics? (*hint* *hint* look at player_'s topic(s) and anything labeled "[TUT]")
Smile Good Idea
I once stated I was hooked on programming to the ti, but i think it may deep as being hooked on development for portable devices. I always wanted to be a game designer beforehand, so I guess I've kinda found a brief answer to my problem. Sometimes I used to draw out design plans for my games. I started when I was about 5 and strangely, though no one may believe it, these devices written below I came up with before they even came out...
* Zelda Twilight Princess wolf link: Sadly, at one point in time I used to be obsessed with wolves. I'm a strong Zelda fan and thought it would be cool to make a Zelda game (using Game Maker 5.0 at the time) on my pc were you could be one.6 years later Nintendo's gotta hit.
* Zelda Twilight Princess magnetic boots: This was also an idea I had the same time as the one above. Of course, it wasn't originally done as iron boots sticking to a magnetic surface, it was an anti-gravity boot idea for a game where you could play as Dark Link.
* Crash Bandicoot gaining of monsters abilities: AGAIN another Zelda idea start, (you can tell I was obsessed huh...) I though it stank that only Zelda an Ganondorf could use magical powers, so I thought maybe it would be cool if after beating certain bosses Link would gain magical abilities.
* WII (SYSTEM IN GENERAL!!!): I was brainstorming one day and thought, what if a game had a sort of invisible laser pointer that a sensor could pick up and interpret as a movement. 4 years later Nintendo creates the best game system ever made.Sigh....
* Sony PSP: Around the time the GameBoy Advance SP came out, I drew an awesome design for a game system that even had an idea of internet access (for phone purposes to start). 2 years later Sony comes out with the PSP with almost freakishly was IDENTICAL to my design.shudder...

+ (I think I might add that I sort of have a slight psychic ability.It's not like I can read you mind, or even control it. but I seem to dream of stuff before it happens. Results in a lot of dejavu for me.)

I have plenty more examples and I bet your thinking yeah, yeah whatever, but I'm tired of being screwed.I want to get start with hardware development but am kinda at a loss for information and supplies.Any help at all would be nice, tutorials, shopping place, etc.
xenonparadox wrote:
I once stated I was hooked on programming to the ti, but i think it may deep as being hooked on development for portable devices. I always wanted to be a game designer beforehand, so I guess I've kinda found a brief answer to my problem. Sometimes I used to draw out design plans for my games. I started when I was about 5 and strangely, though no one may believe it, these devices written below I came up with before they even came out...
* Zelda Twilight Princess wolf link: Sadly, at one point in time I used to be obsessed with wolves. I'm a strong Zelda fan and thought it would be cool to make a Zelda game (using Game Maker 5.0 at the time) on my pc were you could be one.6 years later Nintendo's gotta hit.
* Zelda Twilight Princess magnetic boots: This was also an idea I had the same time as the one above. Of course, it wasn't originally done as iron boots sticking to a magnetic surface, it was an anti-gravity boot idea for a game where you could play as Dark Link.
* Crash Bandicoot gaining of monsters abilities: AGAIN another Zelda idea start, (you can tell I was obsessed huh...) I though it stank that only Zelda an Ganondorf could use magical powers, so I thought maybe it would be cool if after beating certain bosses Link would gain magical abilities.
* WII (SYSTEM IN GENERAL!!!): I was brainstorming one day and thought, what if a game had a sort of invisible laser pointer that a sensor could pick up and interpret as a movement. 4 years later Nintendo creates the best game system ever made.Sigh....
* Sony PSP: Around the time the GameBoy Advance SP came out, I drew an awesome design for a game system that even had an idea of internet access (for phone purposes to start). 2 years later Sony comes out with the PSP with almost freakishly was IDENTICAL to my design.shudder...

+ (I think I might add that I sort of have a slight psychic ability.It's not like I can read you mind, or even control it. but I seem to dream of stuff before it happens. Results in a lot of dejavu for me.)

I have plenty more examples and I bet your thinking yeah, yeah whatever, but I'm tired of being screwed.I want to get start with hardware development but am kinda at a loss for information and supplies.Any help at all would be nice, tutorials, shopping place, etc.

Whew! Prophet I say, can you think of a universal gaming system that can play any disk/cartridge/chip? If so, then hail!

As for circutboards and such, good luck SirCmpwn.
Well, on that topic the device would obviously have to have access to its own network allowing it interpret that many forms of data.It would also have to have a sort of universal way of reading data...What if a sort of large block-shaped infrared lens were used as a reader?A disc could just sit on top and have a sort of screenshot taken.Considering it could pick up the magnetic coating, it might be able to read the prongs on a chip/game cartridge. Of course that's just one way.But I also think that if you could possibly get an electrical force flowing through a chip or cartridge it might be able to pick it up in a sort of Wi-Fi piggyback fashionished version of interference.

But like I said before, I don't know anything about hardware.
xenonparadox wrote:
Well, on that topic the device would obviously have to have access to its own network allowing it interpret that many forms of data.It would also have to have a sort of universal way of reading data...What if a sort of large block-shaped infrared lens were used as a reader?A disc could just sit on top and have a sort of screenshot taken.Considering it could pick up the magnetic coating, it might be able to read the prongs on a chip/game cartridge. Of course that's just one way.But I also think that if you could possibly get an electrical force flowing through a chip or cartridge it might be able to pick it up in a sort of Wi-Fi piggyback fashionished version of interference.

wat

If you want to start learning how to build your own video game system, try out the X Game Station.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours