Which Options dialog do you prefer?
Left side (no info bar)
 44%  [ 4 ]
Right side (info bar)
 55%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

comicIDIOT wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Hmm, maybe have some grayscale for hovered options (esp. if you can navigate via arrow keys). It's hard to distinguish which one is active.
I agree that ease-of-use is very important, but I'm not sure I understand your point. The user will be clicking one of the items with the mouse pointer, or tabbing the mouse pointer around with TabFuncs.
So the mouse will point the user to what opinion is currently selected?

Using psuedo-classes from CSS to illustrate my point, that on :hover, you change the background to a grayscale or a checkered pattern. So the user can distinguish at a glance what option is hovered over. Whether using TabFuncs or with using the mouse.
comicIDIOT wrote:
So the mouse will point the user to what opinion is currently selected?

Using psuedo-classes from CSS to illustrate my point, that on :hover, you change the background to a grayscale or a checkered pattern. So the user can distinguish at a glance what option is hovered over. Whether using TabFuncs or with using the mouse.
Indeed, but if you're moving the mouse around, I'd hope it's clear what you're hovering over without any additional visual cues. I understand what you mean, but the mechanism for that would be fairly complex.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours