I have long had a goal to start up development on Doors CS 7 after the completion of my Master's thesis, and with the final copy handed in to the Office of the Dean of Engineering and my defense looming in two weeks, I've started to pick at the neglected monstrosity that is the Doors CS 6.2 source code. The major updates will encompass planned XLib/Celtic III support built in, lots of stability fixes, and folder backups, among many others. Yesterday I fixed a few bugs related to pulling the RunProg subsystem out of the rest of the code so it can be used as an entrypoint for better MirageOS and USB8x compatibility, and today I replaced the About screen with a GUIfied version for Doors CS 7. Screenshots of the prototype drawn in paint (left) and the new About window in action (right) are below. Please stop by and keep up with my development progress, and keep in mind that until school is over in earnest for me in three weeks there won't be that much progress. I'll try to keep my DCS7 signature updated accordingly.

Finally!
YAY! Very Happy
Doors CS 7 time!
Yay, this is good news Smile
Thank you SirCmpwn and Elfprince13. This afternoon I added the MemoryPop function, just like the InfoPop window that shows file size and description when you hover over programs. MemoryPop shows the free and total RAM and ROM on the calculator; it has been crossed off as item 24 on Xeno_Cre8or's Doors CS 7 Features list on the Doors CS wiki. Screenshot below.

Doors CS 7 sauce.
Kerm working on DCS7?! Holy 2nd blue moon on a February, Batman!

Looking good so far, Kerm Smile
KeithJohansen wrote:
Kerm working on DCS7?! Holy 2<sup>nd</sup> blue moon on a February, Batman!

Looking good so far, Kerm Smile
Thanks Keith. Smile I think the next thing I'll attempt is the planned new Options dialog.
it's about a time

Very Happy
Looks great thus far, good work.
WORK SLAVE WORK!!! MUHUWAHAHAHAHA

also nspire users around the world command you to fix the power-off bug

so nooo pressure
qazz42 wrote:

so nooo pressure
Right, because that's the way to motivate someone who volunteers thousands of hours of their lives to writing calculator programs instead of working on school projects and his Masters thesis, relaxing, or doing monumental romantic things for his girlfriend.

On a less-sarcastic side note, I was unable to duplicate the problems I was having when I loaded up a fresh copy of 6.2 on a newly-reset TI-83+.
KermMartian wrote:
[...]doing monumental romantic things for his girlfriend[....]

Well, that's totally a higher priority than DCS7. Take your time, Kerm Smile .... wait...

KermMartian wrote:

What. WHAT. WHAT?! Kerm is the nerdiest and geekiest human alive! EXPLAIN THIS, MARTIAN! O_O

Razz
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

so nooo pressure
Right, because that's the way to motivate someone who volunteers thousands of hours of their lives to writing calculator programs instead of working on school projects and his Masters thesis, relaxing, or doing monumental romantic things for his girlfriend.

On a less-sarcastic side note, I was unable to duplicate the problems I was having when I loaded up a fresh copy of 6.2 on a newly-reset TI-83+.

haha i am just joking i really can wait
KeithJohansen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Well, that's totally a higher priority than DCS7. Take your time, Kerm Smile .... wait...

KermMartian wrote:

What. WHAT. WHAT?! Kerm is the nerdiest and geekiest human alive! EXPLAIN THIS, MARTIAN! O_O

Razz

It's a trap and he just does't know it yet Razz
KeithJohansen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

That makes half the admins Wink And AlienCC (the guy who ran UnitedTI for *ages*) is married, which is a large part of why he doesn't run it anymore.
Oooohh, is that an iconized taskbar? Might DCS7 have multiwindow management?

If it's not too much why not make it look a little prettier?I've been toying with the source to DCS5 and would happily contribute my modified artwork.
Xenonparadox wrote:

Sadly, no. Those just happen to be shortcuts to programs or folders(?) That way a commonly-used prog can be activated from anywhere.
xenonparadox wrote:

If it's not too much why not make it look a little prettier?I've been toying with the source to DCS5 and would happily contribute my modified artwork.
I'd be happy to see some screenshots. Smile Can you post them up?
awsome this version of dcs is going to be more like windows but awsomer cause it is for the calc

omg almost a week from now

i can't wait!!!!!!!
I don't think that countdown image has been accurately counting down for 6 months or more, now.

Also, I want to see screenshots too, Xeno! Very Happy
KeithJohansen wrote:
I don't think that countdown image has been accurately counting down for 6 months or more, now.
Haha! Let us hope this one handles negative numbers better than the last few! Laughing

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours