Would you survive 30 days without posting on Cemetech, watching retarded videos on Youtube, updating your Facebook status, streaming pr0n, reading various blogs, etc?
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Would you survive 30 days without posting on Cemetech, watching retarded videos on Youtube, updating your Facebook status, streaming pr0n, reading various blogs, etc?
Sure! I've gone a few days before. Shouldn't be too hard to do as long as I keep myself busy with photography.
Nope.

Longest I've gone without proper internet access was about a week, but I did have internet through my phone (just slow), at work, and could barely leech off of my neighbors (frequent drops)
No internet... but, but, but...
AHHHH!!!!!
Kllrnohj wrote:
Nope.

Longest I've gone without proper internet access was about a week, but I did have internet through my phone (just slow), at work, and could barely leech off of my neighbors (frequent drops)

I think the best I have done recently was last summer and it was about half a week with no outside communication apart from people in my group. We were out of cell coverage and in a location that did not have electricity and so no communication outside the group was possible without a long drive (which we did not do). Before that my longest was probably 2-3 years ago when I was canoeing and camping along a river with a group also out of cell service and while the group guides did have a sat phone it was for emergencies and for coordinating the vehicles to pick us up so that we could get back to their base, that was for about a week and I have done other similar trips before that.
I've done 2 weeks before, and it's actually always a kind of relief, until I come back and realize how much I've missed while gone.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Would you survive 30 days without posting on Cemetech, watching retarded videos on Youtube, updating your Facebook status, reading various blogs, etc?
Only if I had a giant stack of books to read and hopefully a computer to watch shows and work on GIMPings and CADdings.
I could...I got enough games to ignore the internet for months, years even..
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Because I don't like doing any of those things, easy enough.
I would never try, but I could do it over the summer. No way I could do it during the semester, though. Too many different clubs/activities/meetings/rehearsals to not have facebook messages.
elrunethe2nd wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

You don't like doing etc?
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
elrunethe2nd wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

You don't like doing etc?

Geez, what's wrong with you? I thought everyone liked doing etc.
I do etc all the time... [facepalm censor from your friendly neighborhood Kerm]

Even though I'm not active all the time, my laptop is always on (either that or asleep for a short amount of time due to travel or obligations irl).

I wouldn't be able to do it. My life is tied to teh intervebs too much. My job, my school, and all that stuff. That being said, outside of my obligations, I'd still be able to so long as we rule out the intranet from this (unless you meant use of the browser, instead of the internet Wink ). Cause I'd still be able to program and mess around on my home network Very Happy
I've gone a week or two at a time without internet. Plus I can take my EeePC anywhere, so I'll always have my N64 and GBA roms.
Yeah its easy enough. I've gone 17 days before when i went to brazil. no internet on a mission trip was tough, but if i had other stuff to do i could handle it. plus ill probably rarely be on this summer while im working on my firebird.
No, almost impossible. I've gone at least 2 weeks, and I thought I would rip my hair out. Anyone that can out of will, not just because they can't, is a saint and should be honored or knighted or something!
His Excellency Sir Gilbert Martinelli... I like the sound of that...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours