Recently, a page has been made for TOB on ModDB. It was not authorized by us, and claims all credit on some "DDERME", despite the tacky user having not touched the credits window hidden in F1, nor acknowledged any of the myriad contributers names hidden within code.

Sephiroth has been linked to this mess as his name has been plastered as the title on every image submitted by another user to this mod. Plus, we have found it is the real Sephiroth as his email matches that on our forums.

On behalf of the developers of TOB, and the administration of theorangeblock.org, we would like Sephiroth to come forward and shed some light on this. I appreciate the link may seem thin at best, but it is unusual for someone to post so many images for a page that is obviously not made by us.

This has been posted here for two reasons:
First, DDERME has also posted a TBG beta and claimed ownership.
Second, This is where Sephiroth visits primarily, and where I would hope to catch him, should I wish his presence.
I have also asked ModDB for us to take over the page.
Make sure you report the abuse. http://www.moddb.com/games/the-orange-block/downloads/the-better-game

[edit]
Sent using the contact form:
Quote:
http://www.moddb.com/games/the-orange-block has been stolen from it's developers. I am not one of the developers for The Orange Block itself, but the game that I am developing ("FreeBuild: The Builder's Game") has also been plagiarized and posted as a demo download on the page for The Orange Block. Please respond as soon as possible so that this problem can be resolved without the need for legal intervention. I will mention that the problem here is not that my game has been redistributed, as it is a free game, but that it has been redistributed without proper credit. If it is to be made available via the ModDB, I would like myself or a member of my dev-team to manage the mod.

Thank you,
Thomas Dickerson
Lead Developer, FreeBuild: The Builder's Game
elfprince13 wrote:
Make sure you report the abuse. http://www.moddb.com/games/the-orange-block/downloads/the-better-game

[edit]
Sent using the contact form:
Quote:
http://www.moddb.com/games/the-orange-block has been stolen from it's developers. I am not one of the developers for The Orange Block itself, but the game that I am developing ("FreeBuild: The Builder's Game") has also been plagiarized and posted as a demo download on the page for The Orange Block. Please respond as soon as possible so that this problem can be resolved without the need for legal intervention. I will mention that the problem here is not that my game has been redistributed, as it is a free game, but that it has been redistributed without proper credit. If it is to be made available via the ModDB, I would like myself or a member of my dev-team to manage the mod.

Thank you,
Thomas Dickerson
Lead Developer, FreeBuild: The Builder's Game

Lucas has already done so, to a degree.
Sephiroth will not be defending himself here, at least under his original handle. His account was summarily suspended following repeated necroposting, discriminatory and offensive signatures after several warnings, and completely unconstructive posts, not to mention SAX spamming.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=profile;u=24639 ?
The very same.
I almost wish I didn't quit that forum so I could go yell at him in Drama. Looking at his past posts, he seems as argumentative as always.

KermMartian wrote:
Sephiroth will not be defending himself here, at least under his original handle. His account was summarily suspended following repeated necroposting, discriminatory and offensive signatures after several warnings, and completely unconstructive posts, not to mention SAX spamming.

What a pity.

He may appear constructive, but does tend to lose a certain charm and become quite random and pushy after a while.
Good news! They replied and I just need to make a development page for ToB and I can take control.

EDIT: They've given me control and TBG has been removed.
Wonderful. Smile
Sephiroth is known for his antics of stealing things claiming them as his own then acting like he's never heard of you before. (In Retail)
Why hello, Jimng
Hello
Wink
Tiny little bump

He seems a bit sore with me registering here and posting in this
thread

Sephiroth is Apophis
Jimmg wrote:
Tiny little bump

He seems a bit sore with me registering here and posting in this
thread

Sephiroth is Apophis

Well yes, he whines whenever someone gets the best of him.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours