I had to correct the title as I was typing it, to avoid bothering BrandonW. It's Nspire, guys, not nSpire! Get it right!

Anyway, if you have an Nspire (or a regular calc) grab the below file and please verify that it works as well as a regular Doors CS 6.1 build. If not, please report exactly what doesn't work. If you're interested in exactly what this changes, it repairs (as far as I can tell through careful searching) all instances of so-called "undocumented" instructions, specifically the sll (shift left logical) instruction and anything to do with IXL and IXH. TI failed to emulate these properly on the Nspire, hence anything that uses them must be modified before it works on the Nspire. I used sll c in my DivHLDE routine (divide HL by DE, leave quotient in HL and remainder in DE), and now am using scf \ rl c thanks to Iambian's suggestions at UTI.

http://www.cemetech.net/files/dcs6.8xk
KermMartian wrote:
It's Nspire, guys, not nSpire! Get it right!

Anyway, if you have an nSpire
I'm sorry, but I just had to point it out Laughing
magicdanw wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
It's Nspire, guys, not nSpire! Get it right!

Anyway, if you have an nSpire
I'm sorry, but I just had to point it out 0x5
Only one person passed the test far. :/ Did anyone try this yet?
a more appropriate question would be: does anyone have an Nspire yet?

i know there are a couple on UTI, maybe you should ask there.
Too bad UTI sucks.
I have not gotten one yet, got too many bills to pay for first. Once I can get a little bit of extra funds up, then I plan on getting one, so I can test to see how it works with PP Razz
Yeah, I also dunno if any of us have one. One UTI member said he'd try it; he didn't get back with results yet.
I tested it and it runs fine.

Also, bless you for promoting proper capitalization. Smile We have to catch these things quickly so people don't get in the habit of saying it wrong, like 84. Even TI's site says "TI-84" in some places. So embarrassing...
brandonw wrote:
I tested it and it runs fine.

Also, bless you for promoting proper capitalization. Smile We have to catch these things quickly so people don't get in the habit of saying it wrong, like 84. Even TI's site says "TI-84" in some places. So embarrassing...
Woohoo, awesome. If my other beta tester reports the same thing (not to show lack of faith in you, Brandon, I just like to duplicate success before declaring it so), then I'll call 6.2 good to go and release it. No fanfare for this one, because in the end it wound up requiring change a grand total of maybe 6 lines of code.
yeah it is perfect

i only had a problem because it is incompatable with noshell

leads to you having to reinstall the os
qazz42 wrote:
yeah it is perfect

Thanks for the feedback. I'd love to find and fix the incompatibility so Doors CS 7 would/will play nicely with NoShell.
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
yeah it is perfect

Thanks for the feedback. I'd love to find and fix the incompatibility so Doors CS 7 would/will play nicely with NoShell.

RunProg?
allynfolksjr wrote:
Too bad UTI sucks.

Yeah, urinary tract infections are the worst...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours