Cool. The "mod" was always going to be freely available, and I was going to use some of the most basic core scripts, which would include the splash screen, anyway. Also, I was always going to credit you, in fact my main menu has "Built on FreeBuild" right there in the lower right. Of course, I haven't done anything on the current engine yet, for that very reason you mentioned, of it being a moving target.
I figured you would, but I thought it was important to have it written here too for other people with interest in doing the same.
<ignoreme>

yay new look man this forum looks amazing hmm
ⓨⓐⓨ ⓝⓔⓦ ⓛⓞⓞⓚ ⓜⓐⓝ ⓣⓗⓘⓢ ⓕⓞⓡⓤⓜ ⓛⓞⓞⓚⓢ ⓐⓜⓐⓩⓘⓝⓖ ⓗⓜⓜ
ƴąƴ ŋęw ɭǫǫķ ɱąŋ ţђįş ƒǫŗųɱ ɭǫǫķş ąɱąʐįŋɠ ђɱɱ
mmh gnizama skool murof siht nam kool wen yay mirror
ɯɯɥ ƃuızɐɯɐ sʞooℸ ɯnɹoɟ sıɥʇ uɐɯ ʞooℸ ʍǝu ʎɐʎ upside down
y4y n3\/\/ l_00l_< (\/)4n 7h15 f0r|_|(\/) l_00l_<5 4(\/)4z1ng h(\/)(\/) L337
01111001 01100001 01111001 00100000 01101110 01100101 Binary
79 61 79 20 6e 65 77 20 6c 6f 6f 6b 20 6d 61 6e 20 74 68 69 73 hex

just testing my post for tob forums when its back up
</ignoreme>

k well by srry for the waste of post srry for wasting 27.23 secs of yer life.
The binary is waaaaaaay too short to represent that phrase...
I find the GG splash screen vulgar. Surely, you owning a license, could get away with not displaying it, while Shiz would have to?
The Indie license requires it. The $9900 charge to remove it (and bump my yearly income cap from $500,000 to unlimited) isn't really worth it.

It's more or less trivial to actually remove the screen, and you're welcome to do so as far as I'm concerned, but I'm bound to leave it in, and if DShiznit is redistributing the binary, he'll have the same restriction.
Indeed. I would be interested to know if a mod that removes the splash screen would be legal or not.
I would be interested to know why the hell it matters. It's a few seconds, and then it's gone. Done. End of story.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours