MP3 to MIDI? That would be kinda pointless....
I think the player plays MIDI files better, that I guess is what is implied anyways.
rivereye's right...but diskwriter won't convert to midi...any help in tweaking regian's script to play mp3s would be appreciated...
I do a google search for mp3 midi convertor and see what you get. There seem to be interesting links.
wizard3246 wrote:
rivereye's right...but diskwriter won't convert to midi...any help in tweaking regian's script to play mp3s would be appreciated...

That was the reason for this topic and I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me Smile
You do realize that MIDI is instrument only and doesn't support voice?
sorry, i have no clue why that isn't working. Only thing I can think to even attempt would be to scrap it and re-write it, hopefully elminating the bug in the process
That's possible. I've found bugs that way before, not rewriting whole programs, but rewriting routines.
so have I. and I still swear, one bug I had in a prgram was really wierd, I swear the code was the same, but 2 diffrent results.
I thought I had discovered a similar weirdness in a z80 ASM program, but it turned out I just had a typo. Rolling Eyes
im using Kllrnohj's mini mp3 player right now.....but unfortunately it cant play .asf files.... Sad Sad

Could it be modified to do that?
,asf audio files? I haven't heard of those before...
KermMartian wrote:
,asf audio files? I haven't heard of those before...

.asf is a video/audio codec

i don't think flash itself supports .asf files, so i think you're going to have to convert it (just use something like dbpoweramp)
Mmm, that could be why I haven't heard of it. Actually, it rings a faint bell...
i believe its original purpose was for streaming content, but i don't think it really caught on....
i've only seen it used for streaming content... i dont like it...
Ah yes, streaming content. It seems to me that that never really caught on either...
sure it has, this entire THREAD is about streaming content Razz

also there are sites like launch.com, and i know alot of the news sites like CNN and CNET use streaming vids for news stories, video reviews, etc. Then, of course, theres always trailers on movie sites, or song previews from various stores like best buy.

But when you see em, you don't really think of streaming contenet, as the term has come to imply something more like streaming TV or live streaming like webcams.
Maybe I'm misusing the term streaming multimedia though (oh, have you noticed that we never say the "multi-" anymore?), perhaps what I mean is LIVE realtime content.
KermMartian wrote:
Maybe I'm misusing the term streaming multimedia though (oh, have you noticed that we never say the "multi-" anymore?), perhaps what I mean is LIVE realtime content.

the hell with multimedia, i rarely even see just media. Its now MP3s for music, and visual multimedia is just vids or videos, more descriptive than multi-media

And I knew what you meant with streaming content, although that is only a partial use Wink technically anything that plays without the entire file needing to be downloaded first is 'streaming'. the problem with live is the bandwidth drain, as when its stored on the server, ppl tend to watch it at different times, which allows for more stagered bandwidth usage. There just isn't the bandwidth for mass streaming TV, especially since the video would have to be compressed in real-time, which would cause even more of a load on the server.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours