Warning, this is a really, REALLY big image.

and for the love of god, change the default background in freebuild, it's buttfugly.
DShiznit wrote:

Warning, this is a really, REALLY big image.

and for the love of god, change the default background in freebuild, it's buttfugly.

DShiznit: Feel free to make one you like better ^_^

I like the orange block around Block though.
I think this would make a nice background for FreeBuild:

It's of fair size, and would look good on most low to medium resolutions, but would suffer on higher ones.

Then I have this version:

This would look great on larger resolutions, but is monstrous and would suffer on lower ones.
I like the picture, but I'm not convinced of it as a main menu. I like the more abstract artistic value of mine (it tiles better).
here are some, made from some existing textures:

none of those really do it for me. I'm probably just going to leave it, unless someone comes up with something really awesome.
Didn't you just take the BlueMarble image? I think I recognize it from the World Domination I logo.
The world map? Yeah I got that from some site off a google image search.
I would prefer to get rid of the slideshow type thing, and make the background a slideshow. It would set us apart from the TBM style main menu.
CyberPrime wrote:
I would prefer to get rid of the slideshow type thing, and make the background a slideshow. It would set us apart from the TBM style main menu.

Get rid of the slideshow, yes. But my thought is to replace it with the sax chat lobby, and player customization.
elfprince13 wrote:
CyberPrime wrote:

Get rid of the slideshow, yes. But my thought is to replace it with the sax chat lobby, and player customization.
I definitely second that. A SAX lobby has been something I've hoped for for a while, and I could see player customization making a nice addition.
I wonder if you could take a random screenshot, pixelate it, and render a repeating stud texture over it with multiply blending(dynamically generating this background effect on the fly)?
DShiznit wrote:
I wonder if you could take a random screenshot, pixelate it, and render a repeating stud texture over it with multiply blending(dynamically generating this background effect on the fly)?

actually, I could probably do that with a little OpenGL trickery. Not a bad idea Smile
I'm not sure how replacing the slideshow with a chat and a customization GUI would look, but I think it's a good idea. Care to elaborate?
I would if I had done any more planning than thinking "this is what should go here"

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours