I know it is a little early to be asking, but is it a good idea to update or should we hold off for a bit?
I updated because I wanted to persuade my math teacher to use 'better' math software in class (she won't let us use any third-party apps).

If you want every game/omnicalc and such to work, stay at 2.43. Else (for math), upgrade.
Most of the features present in 2.53MP can be done in PrettyPrint or other third-party apps.
one problem i found was that doing an operation with imaginary numbers that results with a decimal, that when trying to use the >Frac command it returns an error which did not happen with other OS versions.

for example "(5+9i)/(6-6i)"

this equals "-.3333333333+ 1.16666667i"

when doing "ans >frac"

it gives me a data type error. can someone confirm this?
I guess you cannot display complex numbers as fraction. (the Data Type CPX != REAL)

I'll try it.
After reading all this, I have elected to stay with OS v2.40. Rejoice and be glad.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours