Blippy

I give it a month before people realize just how utterly stupid this is.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Blippy

That's a horrible idea, tweeting your purchases. How could that possibly be interesting or useful without being an invasion of privacy?
KermMartian wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Blippy

That's a horrible idea, tweeting your purchases. How could that possibly be interesting or useful without being an invasion of privacy?

Ultimate Dev'r ++

That is by far one of the wort ideas I've seen in awhile...
Considering the IQ of the average American nowadays (everywhere you look SOMEONE'S using one of those stupid bleedin' social networking sites)...

I mean if you can't talk to your friends face to face they're not really your friends.

And who cares what you just purchased, anyway?
Is the total amount of social networking website over 9000 yet?

That said, I admit it, I do have a Myspace account (I only really ever update the Playlist.com on it, though.) so feel free to kill me.
xlibman wrote:
Is the total amount of social networking website over 9000 yet?

That said, I admit it, I do have a Myspace account (I only really ever update the Playlist.com on it, though.) so feel free to kill me.
I just have Facebook and twitter, and I'm only friends on either one with people I (a) know face-to-face from school or work or friendship or (b) know fairly well from spending a significant amount of time here or on IRC.
I've got the king of "Useless Social Networking Sites:" David Hasselhoff.com.
GreyMario wrote:
Considering the IQ of the average American nowadays (everywhere you look SOMEONE'S using one of those stupid bleedin' social networking sites)...

Social networking is hardly an American phenomenon, and it has nothing to do with IQ (which really is a worthless test in and of itself, but whatever)

Quote:
I mean if you can't talk to your friends face to face they're not really your friends.

That simply isn't true at all.
I am on Facebook because my mother wanted neighbors for FarmVille, and her other little games..since shes stuck at home all day she plays facebook games..all the time...I go downstairs and all I hear are farm animals going nuts (they make a lot of noise when they need harvested)

I tried to do farmville...got boring fast.
comicIDIOT wrote:
I've got the king of "Useless Social Networking Sites:" David Hasselhoff.com.

lol
Is anybody on it yet? Razz

Dontar wrote:
I am on Facebook because my mother wanted neighbors for FarmVille, and her other little games..since shes stuck at home all day she plays facebook games..all the time...I go downstairs and all I hear are farm animals going nuts (they make a lot of noise when they need harvested)

I tried to do farmville...got boring fast.

Your mother plays on Farmville... Confused
The only reason I tried farmville is because I live in a town named Farmville Very Happy
I have a facebook I check almost everyday on my iPod touch or psp. Mostly to see what people are planning on doing. I also have my ps3 trophies updates on there also, and I check on video game updates through an app.
At least at my school, all social and club events are organized through facebook. I'm not sure how other clubs handle things, but with theatre, most people only find out about auditions through facebook events and production staff's status messages.

I also have to say that my average weekly alcohol intake would be ~30% lower if it weren't for event invitations from people I barely know.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours