The TI calculator community is fractured and uncoordinated. Coding and hacking talent is still plentiful, and enthusiasm is strong, yet no central meeting area and sounding board exists for programmers and community members to cooperate on projects, discuss ideas, and share information. We propose resurrecting the IRC channel #ti on EfNet as a neutral, reliable, and safe calculator-only discussion channel.

We're been discussing this idea for a while now, but a group of us is interested in bringing the IRC channel #ti back into action as a neutral, calculator-only IRC room that will be ran by the community. Since we're posting this link in multiple places, I'd appreciate any feedback be left on the blog linked below.

http://nykida.net/2010/01/20/uniting-the-community-reviving-ti/
/me suggests Kerm makes a New article for this.
Good idea, I hope the other people will like it too...
ZagorNBK wrote:

ditto
_player1537 wrote:
ZagorNBK wrote:

ditto

[image redacted]

Edit:
You're no fun Kerm Razz
calc84maniac wrote:
_player1537 wrote:
ZagorNBK wrote:

ditto

[image redacted]

Edit:
You're no fun Kerm Razz
If I'm going to edit Kirbies out of Ultimate Dev'r and DShiznit and Elrune's posts, I have to do yours too for the sake of consistency. Very Happy

I've been on #ti today a lot, and it still seems fairly quiet.
KermMartian wrote:
calc84maniac wrote:
_player1537 wrote:
ZagorNBK wrote:

ditto

[image redacted]

Edit:
You're no fun Kerm Razz
If I'm going to edit Kirbies out of Ultimate Dev'r and DShiznit and Elrune's posts, I have to do yours too for the sake of consistency. Very Happy

I've been on #ti today a lot, and it still seems fairly quiet.

I had 500+ messages from it in the last 20 hours.
I have spread the word on TI-BANK and my site. Hopefully maybe we could get Critor on board. He is a lot involved in calc hardware (such as helping discovering the 2007 RAM chip change inside TI-84+ calculators) and might be helpful in recent TI-Nspire developments.

If people there are not too afraid of English, maybe this could get the channel some more 68K users too.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours