Xyno76 wrote:
don't we have our right to have a wiki if *we* are developing our own game? and not modding another older version they used to own?

Nope, he didn't say anything about that making anything at all notable. And yes, we do have a right to have a wiki, and in a perfect world we'd be able to have a wiki without anyone saying otherwise. Unfortunately, the Internet is far from a perfect world.
You can have a wiki, but not necessarily a Wikipedia page. In the grand scheme of life, the universe, and everything (which Wikipedia covers), your incomplete game means nothing, and they have a valid point.

You should let your work speak for itself instead of fighting for a Wikipedia article to try and spread news of it.
Blockland has admins in Wikipedia.
All they have to do is find one thing wrong with the article and its a candidate for speedy deletion.

It won't last long. Sad
elrunethe2nd wrote:
Blockland has admins in Wikipedia.
All they have to do is find one thing wrong with the article and its a candidate for speedy deletion.

It won't last long. Sad
BrandonW is, nevertheless, correct. Cf. WIkipedia's policy on notability for products and services:

Quote:
A company, corporation, organization, team, religion, group, product, or service is notable if it has been the subject of significant coverage in secondary sources. Such sources must be reliable, and independent of the subject.
Since the majority of mentions have been here and on the GarageGames site, it does not meet the notability criteria. When other sites publish independent news on the project, such as can be cited as secondary sources, it will meet the criteria.
So if someone made a website about it, would that qualify?
Lucas W wrote:
So if someone made a website about it, would that qualify?

No.
But if it were, say, featured on IndieGames on G4, that would work.

EDIT- hey, a quick google search turned up a third-party set of articles on The Better Mod, which would be a part of the FreeBuild article anyway given their relation. I've added this reference, and maybe that will be enough to, at the very least, avoid consensus and keep the FreeBuild wiki article from being deleted long enough for more valid third-party sources to spring up.
I did some more grammatical correction, and tried to make the Criticism section have a more neutral POV.
seems the page yust got wipped of nearly evrything....
I suggest we request an edit lock, and if we get one, wait until a few more sources pop up. Until then, we can work on the draft of the Wikipedia page, make sure it's structurally sound, etc., then request an edit.
EmperorWiggy wrote:
I suggest we request an edit lock, and if we get one, wait until a few more sources pop up. Until then, we can work on the draft of the Wikipedia page, make sure it's structurally sound, etc., then request an edit.
That sounds reasonable to me. If they insist on deleting the page, I don't think that would be the end of the world though. Once development progresses further and there's more to show, I'm sure other sites will write up the project, and then we can recreate the page.
Then why delete the page in the first place? If it's only going to be recreated in the near future, why not leave it alone? Their spite will only make more work for everyone, including themselves, who will have pick apart an entirely new article on the same a subject.
Lol see if you can make a Wikia page, thats like a Wiki rip-off basically and you can make a Wikia for anything.
Hell, there's a Twilight one, why can't there be a Freebuild one for Christ's sake.
We already have our own Wiki at http://gamedesignmentoring.com
we just don't use it much.
We also have a wiki at the TBG Bountysource page.
MikeShinoda32 wrote:
0x5 see if you can make a Wikia page, thats like a Wiki rip-off basically and you can make a Wikia for anything.
Hell, there's a Twilight one, why can't there be a Freebuild one for Christ's sake.
Because Twilight is a book series and movie seen by / read by millions of people and reviewed in thousands of print and online publications. Freebuild is not (yet).
Ugh, stop whining guys. This is getting annoying.
BAWWWWW THEY DELETED THE PAGE I MADE TO PROMOTE MYSELF. BAWWWWWWW HOW DID THEY FIND OUT BAWWWWW EVERYONE HATES USSSSS
well it got deleted, I saved a copy of the article (from edit page thing) onto my computer in-case whoever was the original maintainer loses his/her copy

which is probably a waste of time since probably more than half the freebuild players also saved themselves a copy before the deletion.
KermMartian wrote:
MikeShinoda32 wrote:
0x5 see if you can make a Wikia page, thats like a Wiki rip-off basically and you can make a Wikia for anything.
Because Twilight is a book series and movie seen by / read by millions of people and reviewed in thousands of print and online publications. Freebuild is not (yet).

Yeah...
But Twilight is lame. Much lamer than Freebuild IMHO
MikeShinoda32 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
MikeShinoda32 wrote:

Yeah...
But Twilight is lame. Much lamer than Freebuild IMHO
No one cares for your opinion. This topic is about Freebuild's Wikipedia page (or lack thereof, or future plans thereof), and further offtopicness will be moderated.

Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours