If we're going to switch to LDraw at some point anyway, should I even bother putting this unfinished minifig skeleton to use?:

you mean as a playable character netak and i have been wanting for so long?!
actually, the skeleton will be excellently helpful, so long as it is properly proportional to an LDraw minifig (which use the same 5x5x6 aspect ratio for a 1x1x1 brick as we do (actually, to be more accurate, LDraw 1x1x1s are 20x20x24 LDUs, but an LDU will be 0.25 units wide in a Milkshape model that is being exported at 0.1 scale). Have you worked on the animations at all?
no, I still need to fine-tune the skeleton so it has the right proportions. So if it's scaled to the same size as the existing player model, will that work?

Also, I'm having trouble getting the mount points rotated to match the hands properly. It would help if I knew exactly what position the hands on the LDraw minfig in their default position.

EDIT- to clarify, I'm currently using an imported blockland beta player mesh to get the bones in the correct places, and in addition to having trouble getting the mount points on the hands rotated correctly, I don't know whether that same rotation would apply to the l-draw minifig's hands in their default positions.
DShiznit wrote:
no, I still need to fine-tune the skeleton so it has the right proportions. So if it's scaled to the same size as the existing player model, will that work?

Also, I'm having trouble getting the mount points rotated to match the hands properly. It would help if I knew exactly what position the hands on the LDraw minfig in their default position.

EDIT- to clarify, I'm currently using an imported blockland beta player mesh to get the bones in the correct places, and in addition to having trouble getting the mount points on the hands rotated correctly, I don't know whether that same rotation would apply to the l-draw minifig's hands in their default positions.

http://xxcoder.hostrocket.com/ldrdat2.htm use this and something like MLCad's minifig designer to make a reference model to compare the skeleton to.
ok. I still need to figure out how the hell to get the mount points to line up with the hands... I'll figure it out eventually...
If there was a way to create your own very unique minifig...
Remember Spore?
You could actually BUILD your minifig from legos and then show its constraints... The game would do the maths how it moves and all, just like in Spore O_o

Not possible here though, as you want to stay with low-end comps and you probably dont have the coding experience :P

It would be even more complicated than Spore, because you'd have no limits...

Also look on Toribash how you do it here :P

I know, it's stupid, I'm just dreaming.
actually, I was thinking of making skeletons for both the full size minifig and the shorties. Assuming LDraw has the shorty piece. If elfprince can code it in, we can be able to color any part of the minifig any color we want, either with a dynamic color system, or swapping skins(which would allow for camo patterns and stuff).

I also wouldn't mind having a skeleton player model, and a battle droid body we can attach different heads to.
Floodnik wrote:
If there was a way to create your own very unique minifig...
Remember Spore?
You could actually BUILD your minifig from legos and then show its constraints... The game would do the maths how it moves and all, just like in Spore O_o

Not possible here though, as you want to stay with low-end comps and you probably dont have the coding experience Razz

That's exactly the plan. I'm a little shy on the linear algebra involved with the transformation matrices, since I've only taken up through multivariate calculus and discrete math, but as far as coding experience is concerned, I'm pushing a decade Wink

[edit]

DShiznit, make the leg joints shorty sized. and the rotations will carry through for the longer legs.
why not just choose short, regular, or tall legs(like the new woody minifig and the older jack stone series) each with advantages and disadvantages. Longer legs would be slightly faster, but create a large target. Shorties on the other hand, are a smaller target, but are slightly slower than average.
Then you can have your predetermined speeds applied to each set of legs.
Oh shit Elfie, really? That's awesome! Finally we could make unique bosses for RPs. They would act just like normal minifig, it could hold weps and you would control it. Epic.
er Dshiznit? what do you need to make or know how to do to make a player skeleton/body/minifig thing?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours