Alright, so I set up a Wikipedia page for ourselves. We are going to need you guys to edit it, add information and whatnot, and make it look pretty. Good luck!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freebuild
How do I cite Cemetech as a source? I'll also cite Game Design Mentoring, and put similar information there.
Wow, somebody tries to delete it already. Less than a week old? I think not!

I cited a Cemetech thread as a source in the first paragraph. Base your's off that if you want.
Quote:
Categories: 2007 video games | Windows games | Torque Game Engine games

wtf?
Fixed, now if you wouldn't mind putting some stuff in?
I fixed the incorrectly-mentioned fact that ticalc.org is part of tiSAX. Many TI programming community sites are in SAX, but unfortunately ticalc.org is not one of them.
I could use a link to the garage games article on Freebuild to use as a reference.
Sorry, Kerm.

Sounds good, DShiznit. I already have a few GG posts on there, but go for it!
CyberPrime wrote:
Sorry, Kerm.

Sounds good, DShiznit. I already have a few GG posts on there, but go for it!
No worries, Cyber. I'll try to do some grammar copyediting on the page tomorrow afternoon.
KermMartian wrote:
I fixed the incorrectly-mentioned fact that ticalc.org is part of tiSAX. Many TI programming community sites are in SAX, but unfortunately ticalc.org is not one of them.

<nikky> ticalc has a grand tradition of doing everything the super hard way
A forum is not a valid source of information
Indeed, so where do we reference? We have GarageGames stuff.
I'm thinking of adding a criticism section with a reference to the blockland forum article about FreeBuild, so as to incorporate the other side's view, effectively balancing the article.
No, we want nothing to do with Blockland. This is an independent game, lets keep it that way.
Yes, but all the current sources cited were written by developers, and that seems to be their biggest complaint. For now, I'm referencing that blockland forum post criticizing the game. When it get's published somewhere(maybe we could get it on the Daily Show or Colbert Report during their slower season, who knows) we can start removing older, less reliable sources.
To be fair, we're not exactly notable yet. Let's wait until I can get LDraw support functional before fighting this battle. I'm pretty sure I can get some sort of news featured on the LDraw website, which would be a *big* deal in terms of publicity.
elfprince13 wrote:
To be fair, we're not exactly notable yet. Let's wait until I can get LDraw support functional before fighting this battle. I'm pretty sure I can get some sort of news featured on the LDraw website, which would be a *big* deal in terms of publicity.

I'd also focus on Linux support, and I don't mean Wine as that'll give you a much larger target audience than retail, as well as almost every Linux distro having LDraw in their repo's.
Wikipedia people should know that Ephialtes is a known person to be against anything remotely similar to Blockland (and the other 3 people saying to delete as well)

so far, a lot of people saying delete are Retail Retards...they need to stop...
don't we have our right to have a wiki if *we* are developing our own game? and not modding another older version they used to own?
That doesn't make it notable, Xyno.

Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours