I have no particular time or interest in actually following through on this, but I think it would be cool to take a project like this and turn it into a display. You'd need some simple algorithms to take a bitmapped screen and transform the groups of pixels into "line", and of course it would be pretty useless as an actual display, but I think it would be a cool proof of concept. Any thoughts?
Looks cool.

What would be fascinating is a contest of who programs the more creative robot. The better painter artist wins.
That would be cool, Kerm, but it would simply be grayscale. That WOULD be cool for a calc screen (compared to a computer screen), but I'm not sure if it's possible to modify this into that. Of course, I'm more of a want-to-be programmer, so I wouldn't know much about TI hardware yet without an extremely long explanation. Razz Also, although irrelevant, I found a electronic diagram at benryves.com showing an IR transmitter that you can plug into a PS/2 port. I think that maybe this could be another possible peripheral for your Ultimate Calculator II. Here is the diagram:

Good find there, techmonkey, and good call, I'd definitely like to incorporate that into the Ultimate Calculator. Smile
Epic Yes. It would be useless for real-time functions, but it would be a great cost-effective low-power solution for, say, a turn-based strategy game... or hell, why not a monochrome digital picture viewer?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours