I saw a topic about this on the Blockland forums, and it got me interested. I'm quite excited about the game. However, the UI didn't look so good. I'm offering a modification of it. All you need to do is posting the .png bitmaps. Interested?
Also, do you know who Blockmotron is? He just posted an inappropriate picture on the Blockland.us forums.
Welcome, Svenne! I hope you'll find us as friendly and respectful of a community as I try to create here. I'm sure elfprince13 and/or CyberPrime, the two main developers on the project, would be happy to see your ideas. And I apologize for the troll's behavior; I've been monitoring that thread.
Svenne wrote:
I saw a topic about this on the Blockland forums, and it got me interested. I'm quite excited about the game. However, the UI didn't look so good. I'm offering a modification of it. All you need to do is posting the .png bitmaps. Interested?
Also, do you know who Blockmotron is? He just posted an inappropriate picture on the Blockland.us forums.

Check out the newest version from the SVN repository, and all the pngs are in there. I'd love to see what you can cook up, and I'm glad to see some interest.
Thanks. Do I need TortoiseSVN, or can I get it in another way? I don't like how that program screws with the dropdown menu, especially since I have a Swedish version of Windows.
There are many other SVN clients.
And, of course, you could download all the files in repository manually O_o Good luck, have fun.
And there are language packs for Tortoise
I strongly recommend getting used to command line SVN. It's a great development tool.
Thanks for showing interest. I've been working on it for a couple of days, but I still have much work to do.
Anyway, I have a question: how do I use a bitmap for the button centre? Here's the code:

Code:
new GuiControlProfile (GuiBitmapBorderButtonTextProfile)
{
   opaque = true;
   border = 3;
   fillColor = "255 255 255 26";
   fillColorHL = "255 255 255 52";
   fillColorDP = "10 10 10 55";
   fillColorNA = "255 255 255 32";
   fontColor = "0 0 0";
   fontColorHL = "25 25 35";
   fontType = "Arial";
   fontSize = 14;
   bitmap = "./shade.button";
   textOffset = "0 0";
   hasBitmapArray = true;
   justify = "center";
};

Image:

And no, I have no idea of what I'm doing.
The best way to learn is just to play with the different color parameters and trying to make a new border image.
Oh. Is there a knowledge base on garagames.com about this?
Anyway, this is how it looks:
Garagegames has a lot of good info, but nothing particular about that UI element. Your window frame looks gorgeous, but i'm not a particularly big fan of your button style. Did you keep using the GuiBitmapBorderButton's, or did you switch to something else? I think a straight GuiBitmapButton might serve you better here?
I know nothing about scripting. Obviously this didn't work:

Code:
if(!isObject(GuiBitmapBorderButtonTextProfile)) new GuiControlProfile (GuiBitmapBorderButtonTextProfile : GuiButmapButtonProfile);

if(!isObject(GuiBitmapButtonProfile)) new GuiControlProfile (GuiBitmapButtonProfile)
{
   opaque = true;
//   border = 2;
//   fillColor = "255 255 255 26";
//   fillColorHL = "255 255 255 52";
//   fillColorDP = "10 10 10 55";
//   fillColorNA = "255 255 255 32";
   fontColor = "0 0 0";
   fontColorHL = "25 25 35";
   fontType = "Arial";
   fontSize = 14;
   bitmap = "./shade.button";
   textOffset = "0 0";
   hasBitmapArray = true;
   justify = "center";
};
look at the code for the main menu gui. If you're not using a BitmapBorderButtonTextCtrl, you probably won't need to adjust the profile quit so much.

Check out this in particular,

Code:
new GuiControlProfile (TextProfile_CemTabs : GuiTextProfile)
{
   fontColorHL = "0 0 0";
   fontColor = "0 0 0";
   justify = "center";
   fontType = "Times New Roman";
   fontSize = "20";
   autoSizeWidth = false;
   autoSizeHeight = false;
};

Code:
new GuiBitmapButtonTextCtrl(CemTabBtn_Pushed) {
            canSaveDynamicFields = "0";
            Profile = "TextProfile_CemTabs";
            HorizSizing = "right";
            VertSizing = "bottom";
            position = "140 0";
            Extent = "120 40";
            MinExtent = "8 2";
            canSave = "1";
            Visible = "1";
            hovertime = "1000";
            text = "Cemetech On";
            groupNum = "-1";
            buttonType = "PushButton";
            bitmap = "./mainmenuImages/tab_depressed";
         };
Thanks.
I need to use fixed borders, though.
In that case you may want to consider layering several controls.

if you make a mockup of the button design you're thinking of, I'll help you figure out the best way to handle them.
Quote:
And no, I have no idea of what I'm doing.

i always remember from experience.

im pretty sure it follows like this:
colour = 1 1 1 1

*first is red, second is green, third is blue, fourth is opacity* (post stuffed up)

Smile hope this helps, and An epic job on the design. It looks awesome Laughing
The first number is red, the second is green, the third is blue, the fourth is opacity.

I agree, that does look pretty nice. It looks a lot sweeter than anything I've ever made.
not that the r/g/b/a values are scaled 0.0-1.0
I finally got around to make the mockup. It's a bit rushed, but it should give you the idea.

I'll might change the depressed button later.
Very nice, Svenne! I like it, although that would incorporate a complete overhaul in our core UI... which I kinda liked.
CyberPrime wrote:
Very nice, Svenne! I like it, although that would incorporate a complete overhaul in our core UI... which I kinda liked.
I agree, although I don't think you mean incorporate. Perhaps what you actually meant was necessitate?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours