a UT2004 is ugly as sin.

As soon as you guys are up for some UT3 or something, let me know...
Kerm, I believe that's everyone.
Kllrnohj wrote:
a UT2004 is ugly as sin.

As soon as you guys are up for some UT3 or something, let me know...
I'm down any time. Just no one in IRC seems to have it, _player downloaded the beta demo and had to leave before we got to play. Arcades has it but we also failed to connect up over several days. Mostly because he had to do something with his computer for it to run, or something.
I had it but it didn't seem to work under Win 7 RC1; since I'm on Win7 RTM now, I should give the install a try and see what I get. I'd love to play with you and Arcades and Kllrnohj, comicIDIOT
Where would you guys suggest for finding a cheap hard copy of UT3, I'd love to join also and I need a decent linux compatible game other than UT.
TheStorm wrote:
Where would you guys suggest for finding a cheap hard copy of UT3
It appears that Gamestop has UT3 for 9.99. Whether it'll be in-store or not is unknown and may vary on location. Game isn't available online.

Amazon has UT3 for 15$.
comicIDIOT wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
It appears that Gamestop has UT3 for 9.99. Whether it'll be in-store or not is unknown and may vary on location. Game isn't available online.

Amazon has UT3 for 15$.

Yeah I actually was just checking out the local gamestop to see if they had it but they sadly did not. I might check out some of the other ones in the area to see if they have it.
TheStorm wrote:
Yeah I actually was just checking out the local gamestop to see if they had it but they sadly did not. I might check out some of the other ones in the area to see if they have it.
You can get to a few stores an hour if you call them. Save transportation money Smile If they have it, tell them to hold it for you and you'll be there in so many minutes and bam. It's yours! Very Happy
TheStorm wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
TheStorm wrote:

Amazon has UT3 for 15$.

The one closest to me did not have it last time I checked; I'll have to look at one of the dozens of others in NYC.
KermMartian wrote:
TheStorm wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
TheStorm wrote:

Amazon has UT3 for 15$.

The one closest to me did not have it last time I checked; I'll have to look at one of the dozens of others in NYC.

yeah, my plan was to stop by one of the ones near me and see if they can check which if any locations have it and sadly it appears Linux Support while on the way is not yet complete.
TheStorm wrote:
Where would you guys suggest for finding a cheap hard copy of UT3, I'd love to join also and I need a decent linux compatible game other than UT.

UT3 Black Edition is on Steam for $20, and they have the Unreal Deal Pack for $40 (includes UT3, UT2004, UT, Unreal 1, Unreal 2)
Kllrnohj wrote:
TheStorm wrote:

UT3 Black Edition is on Steam for $20, and they have the Unreal Deal Pack for $40 (includes UT3, UT2004, UT, Unreal 1, Unreal 2)

Well I picked up the UT3 Black Edition at GameStop for $9.99, it turns out the one I normally go to had it but it was just in the back rather than on the shelf. I'm currently working on installing it and activating it on steam.

On another note they also had a open box Wii S-Video cable so I can do decent quality screen caps from my Wii now, though Component would be nicer my if Capture card supported it.
We'll have to play Tuesday or later today! Catch me on IRC when it's done!
comicIDIOT wrote:
We'll have to play Tuesday or later today! Catch me on IRC when it's done!
Same here, I'm hoping to grab a copy today or tomorrow. Smile
I just picked up a copy of UT3 at GameStop for $9.99. Due to being with the parents and on dial-up, though, I won't be able to play until next semester. (Jan 17th-ish?)
Come on Kerm, You couldn't have merged the two? Cool

Dontar wrote:
I recently got it, wondering what mods you use and recommend.
We don't really have any total conversion mods. We do however play Team Arean Master (3?) when there are a lot of us. Most of the system files you download right from the servers we play on (Primarily BadSantaVault). Perhaps I'll compile a few zips of popular maps we play on. I'll probably fail in finding any sounds, textures & static meshes related to each map though... Hm, maybe I'll just find download links online.

As for when, basically any day. Just ask whose up for a game and chances are Kerm, I, TheStorm/Jonimus, rcfreak0, and/or a few others will be game. Can't wait to see you in the Server!

The fastest way to find the servers we play in is to add our names to your Buddies list. Right click when viewing the tab and add buddies: Kerm_Martian, comicIDIOT, rcfreak0, Jonimus. We're the four who play most often Smile

You'll see what servers we are playing in if we are playing online.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Come on Kerm, You couldn't have merged the two? Cool

Dontar wrote:
I recently got it, wondering what mods you use and recommend.
We don't really have any total conversion mods. We do however play Team Arean Master (3?) when there are a lot of us. Most of the system files you download right from the servers we play on (Primarily BadSantaVault). Perhaps I'll compile a few zips of popular maps we play on. I'll probably fail in finding any sounds, textures & static meshes related to each map though... Hm, maybe I'll just find download links online.

As for when, basically any day. Just ask whose up for a game and chances are Kerm, I, TheStorm/Jonimus, rcfreak0, and/or a few others will be game. Can't wait to see you in the Server!

The fastest way to find the servers we play in is to add our names to your Buddies list. Right click when viewing the tab and add buddies: Kerm_Martian, comicIDIOT, rcfreak0, Jonimus. We're the four who play most often Smile

You'll see what servers we are playing in if we are playing online.

Jonimus==TheStorm for those who haven't figured it out.

I look forward to seeing more peeps joining us.

Edit:And no matter what kllrnhoj says UT2k4 is still way better than UT3 even if the engine is older.
TheStorm wrote:
Edit:And no matter what kllrnhoj says UT2k4 is still way better than UT3 even if the engine is older.
I agree & disagree. I enjoy UT3 because of the graphics and game play. Players have since of weight (no more jumping around maps!) but there doesn't seem to be a large community for it as UT2004. Also UT2004 Story Mode is much better than UT3. UT3 is a War rather than a tournament, Epic should have named UT3, UW3: Unreal War 3.

So online UT3 rocks, less of a war. Offline rocks as well on Instant Action, it's just the campaign that really drops the historic title of the game.

UT2004 rocks in every aspect, online & off; instant action & campaign. Only thing it could use is a graphics overhaul, even if it's in the static mesh and character textures department. I'm fine with the physics and junk.
Definitely agreed at all of comicIDIOT's points. I look forward to you joining our games, Dontar.
I might play more often when I finally upgrade from my Intel Celeron 2.93 GHz with PCI ATI Radeon 9250+ 128 MB to something that isn't several decades old.
xlibman wrote:
I might play more often when I finally upgrade from my Intel Celeron 2.93 GHz with PCI ATI Radeon 9250+ 128 MB to something that isn't several decades old.

is that 128 meg video or ram?

you have DOUBLE the recommended processor speed for UT2K4 Shock you be able to run good if you have enough ram

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 49
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours