This is the example mod made by Elfprince and myself to demonstrate how the mod system works, and how to use it, to people interested in modding, but unsure how to package their mods. All in all we think the actual packaging is very straight forward, and you can see just how straight forward it is by downloading the mod.

As well as serving to instruct modders on packaging, this mod also gives you a look into the Archive system, which we will be using to host all mods, maps, saves, etc. from now on. It features multiple author lines, description boxes, and a full-fledged rating system with number ratings (1-10) and wordy reviews. We plan to integrate this into Freebuild so you can browse, download and review mods from in-game.

Download Link:
http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/fbtbg/mods/ExampleMod.zip
Quote:
echo("Wow, neat.");

And this would go - where?

Additional functionality?
something like the original

Code:

foobar()
{
echo("world");
}

and now its like

Code:

foobar()
{
echo("world");
echo("Wow,neat.");
}

And what happens if i want to have that echo in

Code:

foobar()
{

if(isObject(100)){
//HERE
}
}
Ah, sorry, I kinda wrote that in a hurry; this is how it should look:

Code:
//Here we will demonstrate some basic functionality of the mod system.
function foobar()
{
   echo("Ah, this is interesting");
}

//You can modify existing game functions using the Parent:: function as such:
function foobar()
{
   //Call our original function

Parent::foobar();

//Here you would put your additional functionality that is to be added to the function, this could be a hook for your mod or what have you.
   echo("Wow, neat.");
}

to do the if statement you would simply put the if statement after the parent:: call.

I've updated the file to reflect these changes.
CyberPrime, cleaned up the excess whitespace in your code, also approved your update to the example mod in the archives.
Cheers, Kerm. I dunno why all that whitespace was there. The downside of C+P I suppose.
I think there is a bug.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6863/omgwtfr.png
(click through for screenshot)

Razz

Ok, i think i know how i could lay my patch out.

Do you think that TBG would work well with a Radar? It was BlueGreens radar, but i updated it a bit and gave it a working GUI and such.

But there is one problem with it.

It spams the console if it cant find someone.

EG: when you suicide and when your loading.
BTW im gonna try make it so that SuperAdmins have their own Blimp, thats if Freebuild has the trust mod thing.
TBG may work well with radar. It depends on how you do it. I am sure there is a way to keep it from spamming the console. You could also latch in and add an indication that a server is loading and tell it to wait until you are in the game.

Which trust mod are you talking about?
CyberPrime wrote:
TBG may work well with radar. It depends on how you do it. I am sure there is a way to keep it from spamming the console. You could also latch in and add an indication that a server is loading and tell it to wait until you are in the game.

Which trust mod are you talking about?

I think he means like Wiggys privileges part of Wiggys patch or some thing sort of like admin,mod.

BTW has eny one seen Wiggy?
i actually ment the admin mod and super thing. but wiggy's privledges thing would be awesome

Quote:

ill try...
Does anybody have a copy of Wiggy's stuff? I can take a look at it.
www.snipurl.com/wiggypatch

i think thats only the beta im not sure if thats the whole thing...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours