I've started a project on Omnimaga, it's a comilation of the history of the TI community as a whole. This will be put on wikipedia. What I am looking for is people who have been in the community for a while and remember the history. If you have been in the community for a while and would like to help please let me know.
Obviously I'd like to contribute, especially since I've been a part of it for close to a decade.
The community is lame.
KermMartian wrote:
Obviously I'd like to contribute, especially since I've been a part of it for close to a decade.
Great! I'll post more details of what we need when this starts pulling together more.
Make sure to include The RGB Screen in your article; it caused quite the uproar when it was released.
Np will do
Also, there needs to be mention of Hayes Ga- nevermind, let's leave them out of the history books Razz

Some things you might want to peruse for your article: http://delicious.com/ultimatedevr/calculator
And don't forget about Kerms TICI project, both me and Tari have built hardware for that, though I never got mine to work not to mention that the ultimate calc has that added to it.
TheStorm wrote:
And don't forget about Kerms TICI project, both me and Tari have built hardware for that, though I never got mine to work not to mention that the ultimate calc has that added to it.

I have a pic of my TICI hub that I built way back when posted on here somewhere...
Actually, Hayes Games was a big part of the history; they rode the fine line between legitimate trolling and outright theft of code.
I also tried to build a TICI hub and had no success.
Glenn wrote:
Sorry to hear it. Sad Did I help debug it for you? I don't remember this well.
KermMartian wrote:
Glenn wrote:

I don't think so, I think I still have it at least mostly intact. I remember using a ps/2 extension cable cut in half. I also remember eagerly awaiting the wireless things that were said to be coming. Someone might want to take up wireless linking again, maybe with a micro controller off of usb or IO doint the comm itself.
Glenn wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Glenn wrote:

I don't think so, I think I still have it at least mostly intact. I remember using a ps/2 extension cable cut in half. I also remember eagerly awaiting the wireless things that were said to be coming. Someone might want to take up wireless linking again, maybe with a micro controller off of usb or IO doint the comm itself.

We already have wireless comm:
http://sami.ticalc.org/irlink/
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/2/288.html

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours