Which Options dialog do you prefer?
Left side (no info bar)
 44%  [ 4 ]
Right side (info bar)
 55%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

ZagorNBK wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
I believe you should do the opposite of all previous comments.

I bit of explanation would be welcome...
Ignore him, he's just trolling you. At any rate, I also like the idea of a scrolled box or window; I'll try some mockups soon.

Edit: Wish I could bump this, hopefully people will see it anyway. Any thoughts on the left image vs. the right image?

The left one is better: the user usually knows what program he has clicked. Unless he's called Ultimate Dev'r. Razz

EDIT: the right one is a bit ugly.
You mean the right one is better...not the left one...
I like the right one, I like the little thing at the bottom showing the program stats and such
You both make good ponts, and therefore, I will split this off and put it to the vote.
Use the first, without the "ok" button, since as far as I can tell it wouldn't serve any purpose, since the little icons are also all buttons.
elfprince13 wrote:
Use the first, without the "ok" button, since as far as I can tell it wouldn't serve any purpose, since the little icons are also all buttons.
What if I were to make the bar at the bottom of the right-hand one white on black, would that make it more attractive for anyone?

Edit: Poll added to fr0st p0st, please vote.
Info bar's fine.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
What if I were to make the bar at the bottom of the right-hand one white on black, would that make it more attractive for anyone?

Edit: Poll added to fr0st p0st, please vote.

Yes, i think that it would make it little bit more attractive, but what if you could use the right-hand image with an OK button and the X button at the top could be cancel?
elfprince13 wrote:
I'm inclined to agree, and also think that the Cancel button is equally unnecessary because of the X on the dialog box. Here's the right-hand one with an inverted info bar; is this any better?

I like that one much better than either of the first two.
I like that one much more as well.
I don't really like the bar-on-bottom design at all. Doesn't really appeal to me. Maybe I'll have a different opinion in the morning though. 11:52 at night isn't an optimal time to be using one's brain.
KeithJohansen wrote:
I don't really like the bar-on-bottom design at all. Doesn't really appeal to me. Maybe I'll have a different opinion in the morning though. 11:52 at night isn't an optimal time to be using one's brain.
I could always use the second option shown in the first post, but with the info bar under the titlebar instead of at the bottom. Would that be preferable?
Yeah, I think I might actually like that better. And if for some reason I don't, just go back to the one everybody else agreed on. The opinions of the many outweigh the opinions of the few Razz
KeithJohansen wrote:
Yeah, I think I might actually like that better. And if for some reason I don't, just go back to the one everybody else agreed on. The opinions of the many outweigh the opinions of the few Razz
I have to be honest, I just did a bunch of mockups of that, and I didn't really like any of them. Option 3 it is, then. Smile
Yep, the third is better.
However, I think that if you made the info bar with a white background but with more smooth edges, it would be fine too. Besides, a white background makes the text easier to read.
I like the third one!
I totally think that fourth one is AMAZING.

(adds to chaos)

XD

That third one you posted looks nice, should definitely go with that one.
Awesome! Since I got a bit stuck on debugging the whole RunProg issue, it's probable that in one or two days, when I get up the strength of character and resolve to work on Doors CS, that I'll start by implementing this new Options dialog. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Hmm, maybe have some grayscale for hovered options (esp. if you can navigate via arrow keys). It's hard to distinguish which one is active.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours