Doors CS 7: 3 app pages, 49KB. Is this ok?
Yes, I have the space, provided you make the feature set worth it.
 91%  [ 41 ]
No, even with the features I can't afford three app pages.
 8%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 45

@Zagor, there's a difference between unofficial bcalls (which exist in all OS versions above a certain one, but which TI does not document) and unofficial instructions (which are quirks of the circuitry of the z80 processor, and are therefore not usually emulated properly).
Would it be possible, in the BASIC editor - I know you said you couldn't make it graphtext - to make the menus that pop up be pop-up windows with graphtext instead of full-screens with homescreen text? by the menus that pop up, I mean the menu you get when you press the PRGM button and the like (and you might make the APPS button automaticlly throw up the Finance menu)
doubtful, since that would require creating routines and such to display that correctly, since the calc can't handle that natively..
Xeno, created a copy of your list for myself at http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Doors_CS_7_Features. Hoepfully I get to work on this soon. Sad
KermMartian wrote:

You left the comments I made in the list, and if it is to be a list of features, it doesn't need commentary. Here it is without commentary:

DoorsCS7 features wrote:
1. ASM library.
2. Actually succeeding in extracting the tangled RunProg system for purposes of the entry point and of USB8x
3. Add homescreen execution hook (like NoShell)
4. Update dated nostub BASIC and ASM icons
5. Update the SDK
6. Everything else?
7. Remove CALCnet2 and gCn
8. Folder saving
9. Pin-to-taskbar
10. Fixing the odd glitch that hides my last file
11. Allow Hide program/unhide all
12. The options screen still sometimes doesn't un-check options
13. Like how DCS main menu has "DoorsCS6" on the side, could the alpha-click menu have an "options" side banner?
14. Have alpha menu say "unarchive" when brought up on an archived prog?
15. Changing about screen to pop up window?
16. Removing restart function
17. RAM>ROM backup
18. Error messages crash?
19. Update the SDK
20. xLib/Celtic compatibility library
21. chaining, if necessary
22. Option to sort programs by most recently used
23. TabFuncSE2
24. Clock in sidebar
25. Memory info on memory indicator hover
26. hide Omnicalc fonts
27. add bcall $5221 as a TI-84 only option.
28. parser hook: replace IS>( and DS<( with inc and dec.
I haven't forgotten about my dear magnum opus. Sad And whoa, #28, where did that come from? Wouldn't that break compatibility with every other parser out there?
On DCS 7 you could add backgrounds that work well with the app. Such as some backgrounds I have tried make it very hard to read the program name, so to have some that do not mess with the reading of programs that would be helpful, or make the background grayscale and have the program names be fully black would help too. Very Happy
_player1537 wrote:
On DCS 7 you could add backgrounds that work well with the app. Such as some backgrounds I have tried make it very hard to read the program name, so to have some that do not mess with the reading of programs that would be helpful, or make the background grayscale and have the program names be fully black would help too. Very Happy
Yeah, background handling is subpar. Actually, I've designed quite a few backgrounds that do work well, which you can find -h-e-r-e-. Actually, I can't find them in my ticalc.org profile, I guess they never got released. My bad.
KermMartian wrote:
I haven't forgotten about my dear magnum opus. Sad And whoa, #28, where did that come from? Wouldn't that break compatibility with every other parser out there?

From tifreak8x's IS( and DS( thread.
two things: a glitch report alteration, and a new idea.

GRA: The complicated glitch that I told Kerm via e-mail does not hide the last item on the homescreen because the folder was the eleventh folder, but because its name starts with "Chr". for every "Chr" folder, DCS will hide one object at the bottom of the screen.

NI: Shortcuts. Programs named %SAT### that contain an eight letter string. Like folders DCS would show the string instead of the program name. Unlike folders, the string would be the name of a program, and clicking the shortcut would run that program. The shortcut option in the ALPHA-click menu would replace the Copy option.
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
two things: a glitch report alteration, and a new idea.

GRA: The complicated glitch that I told Kerm via e-mail does not hide the last item on the homescreen because the folder was the eleventh folder, but because its name starts with "Chr". for every "Chr" folder, DCS will hide one object at the bottom of the screen.
That's exceedingly odd; I can't remember any particular reason why that would occur. I'll look at that later.

Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
NI: Shortcuts. Programs named %SAT### that contain an eight letter string. Like folders DCS would show the string instead of the program name. Unlike folders, the string would be the name of a program, and clicking the shortcut would run that program. The shortcut option in the ALPHA-click menu would replace the Copy option.
It's an interesting idea, to be sure, and it would be quite easy to implement with the new and upcoming RunProg system, but I'm wary of removing Copy. I think it's getting towards time for a larger ALPHA menu of some sort, perhaps a full screen, or a scrollable menu?
KermMartian wrote:
I think it's getting towards time for a larger ALPHA menu of some sort, perhaps a full screen, or a scrollable menu?

Oh, please, just be a man and make it voice activated via the serial port. Wink
foamy3 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
I think it's getting towards time for a larger ALPHA menu of some sort, perhaps a full screen, or a scrollable menu?

Oh, please, just be a man and make it voice activated via the serial port. Wink

This. definitely. but you'll want moar RAM on the serial port too, so that you have enough for processing the mouth noises.
KermMartian wrote:
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
It's an interesting idea, to be sure, and it would be quite easy to implement with the new and upcoming RunProg system, but I'm wary of removing Copy. I think it's getting towards time for a larger ALPHA menu of some sort, perhaps a full screen, or a scrollable menu?

Go scrollable!
Definitely not full screen. How about like in the Windows XP program folders?
I believe you should do the opposite of all previous comments.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

I bit of explanation would be welcome...
ZagorNBK wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

I bit of explanation would be welcome...
Please note that I split off the discussion of the new options dialog to here: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3972
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I don't want to read all these pages:

Have you thought about having some sort of Nspire emulator "compatibility mode" that tried to patch undocumented instructions on-the-fly? They could be replaced with "rst 00h" or something like that, and you could place a handler at 0000h to trap calls to it (at which point you can duplicate the effect of the undocumented instructions).

Most games that use undocumented instructions are usually doing it for speed so I'm not sure it's worth it, but I think it could actually work.

Something that you can take advantage of on the Nspire is the ability to set bits in Flash (since it's not really Flash, it's the Nspire's RAM). Unlike a real calculator, you can very easily patch 0000h to 0002h with a jump to your own code and then restore it to what it originally was on exit. You also wouldn't have to worry about erasing sectors, so you could use the swap sector (64KB) as total scratch space (perhaps to keep track of the original contents of the program that you'd be replacing with rst 00h).

Just a thought...
That sounds like a good idea.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 12 of 14
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours