Using this emulator, I've been able to write some code in anticipation of the hackage of the TI-Nspire. But I'll let screenshots speak for themselves. Smile

Super Mario Bros Deluxe
Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Ages
Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Red
Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening
Kirby's Dream Land
Screenshots look very impressive, I am eager to see this being truly available on the Nspire =o

And I am curious as to how you managed to program this for a calc that has no info on how to program for it yet. =p
The screenshots that you've been showing me have indeed been very impressive, calc84maniac. I think once we have a way to program the real nSpire this will be a cool early app for it. Smile But as TIFreak8x said, is the emulator more than a simple ARM emulator with the same LCD and keyboard architecture as the nSpire? Does it actually have the nSpire OS, etc?
KermMartian wrote:
But as TIFreak8x said, is the emulator more than a simple ARM emulator with the same LCD and keyboard architecture as the nSpire? Does it actually have the nSpire OS, etc?
It is able to run most Nspire OSes with the keyboard working.

But calcmaniac to run its emulator just give as the boot code of the nspire, the code for gameboy emulator. It only works on emulator for now.
Man that all looks epic! O_O

I dare say, once we get the thing cracked, the Nspire will finally be useful for something! Evil or Very Mad
Galandros wrote:
[...]But calcmaniac to run its emulator just give as the boot code of the nspire, the code for gameboy emulator. It only works on emulator for now.
Galandros, that makes sense, thanks for the clarification. Smile

@Keith hehe, I agree. Especially if he implements two simultaneous linked Gameboys the way he suggested was possible.
KermMartian wrote:
Galandros wrote:
[...]But calcmaniac to run its emulator just give as the boot code of the nspire, the code for gameboy emulator. It only works on emulator for now.
Galandros, that makes sense, thanks for the clarification. Smile

@Keith hehe, I agree. Especially if he implements two simultaneous linked Gameboys the way he suggested was possible.
Well I'm not too sure about the speed any more, now that Goplat tells me that the Nspire emulator assumes one clock cycle for each ARM instruction (when a lot of them take more than that). So emulating two on the same calculator might not be an option, depending on the real speed.
ExtendeD was able to run the binary of my emulator Smile
This is some fantastic work, and I really can't wait until the exploit becomes public.

Finally this thing will start to have a purpose.
Oooh, that's awesome to see it running on a hardware calculator. Nicely done. Very Happy
Is this not piracy if you do not own all the games you've been emulating?
Yepeee! At last!
I just can't wait for the exploit going public... This is freakin' awesome!!!
You are apparently not good at Tetris on a calculator.

Razz

Or at least whoever recorded that video was not good at Tetris on a calculator.
GreyMario wrote:
You are apparently not good at Tetris on a calculator.

Razz

Or at least whoever recorded that video was not good at Tetris on a calculator.
I think he was holding the camera with one hand and playing with the other, though Razz
Huzzah, first release of gbc4nspire Very Happy

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/426/42630.html
YOU LOSE. that is all.
Digg, plzkthx
Dugg, for great justice.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours