Absolutely, mapping/artwork/interface
 28%  [ 12 ]
No, but I look forward to playing
 45%  [ 19 ]
I have no interest in this
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 42

CyberPrime wrote:
Indeed, roller coasters would be great. Perhaps somebody would be adventurous enough to make a mod that has a coaster that can run along tracks built by players? That would also take a bit of physics, however. Would certainly be cool though.
That will be covered by the train component, which will already handle the two main physics problems, track following and multivehicle attachment
KermMartian wrote:
Just a sidebar on the train discussions that elfprince and I have been having: with the ability to create trains and tracks comes the possibilities for monorails and also for roller coasters, which could be a lot of fun to explore. Smile
On a completely unrelated note Kerm, congrats on posting the 90,000th post here on the forum.

Here's 'till we reach 100,000!
I've just committed revision 200! It's not really a big commit, but it's a big milestone!

And with that comes a photo of, what I am calling, "Big Maze"...

Quote:
lolwtf, that's what i saw in Retail. Does it lag?
It gets a low FPS when looking at it from above like I am, but once in the maze there's little noticable decrease in FPS. However, keep in mind this is four 64x64 baseplates, and about 2200 bricks in total. Also keep in mind that we have done little to optimize the brick remdering because we are waiting to implement the LCad compatability, which in itself will decrease lag and improve quality.
What I'm saying is that if you guys can add another way to handle water (3D cubes with fixed boundaries instead of this LOL INFINITE WATER junk, which I should believe wouldn't be too hard to implement if done right) what I'm saying will be possible, even if the tunnel has to be straight vertical with square outer edges.
Absolutely it wouldn't be terribly hard once we implemented that. However, that could lead to some lag coming from infinitely repeating water on certain maps, and not to mention that we have to actually implement that. I will certainly look into it and discuss it with Elfprince, though, as it is a valid point.
Why would the infinite repetition cause lag? You wouldn't need an infinite number of the blocks, just move a single block around by one map tile when the player moves to a new repeat of the terrain. Or, to be safe for huge draw distances, a set of 9 centered on the terrain instance the player is in currently.
elfy says that TGE 1.5 supports fixed-size water out of the box
Alright, I had my facts wrong. My bad, I am no mapper by any stretch of the imagination.
calc84maniac wrote:

This.
elfprince13 wrote:
calc84maniac wrote:

This.
Is "This" the new "I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new"? At any rate, that's good to hear, and I'm glad it moots that whole long argument. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
Is "This" the new "I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new"?
This. Laughing
swivelgames wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Is "This" the new "I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new"?
This. 0x5

This.

In other news: Elfprince is back!
So I've seen. How's the roadmap of FB: TBG looking these days?
in other news, my laptop is back.

I need to go through the roadmap checklist and check some stuff off and see what's left, but I'm in the process of making AI vehicle controls and adding turrets, so I can finish my castle/fantasy + star wars content packs to release with the game.
note. don't expect much out of me in the next 2 weeks, as I have exams coming up.
swivelgames wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
This. 0x5
calc84maniac wrote:
swivelgames wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
This. 0x5
funny comic

Win.
Exams be done.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 11 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours