TI recently announced a new development platform for their MSP430 micros. This particular platform includes wireless USB programming, a 96-segment LCD, 3-axis accelerometer, pressure sensor, and onboard RF transciever. Oh, and it's only $49.
Yeah, all that's fun, but y'know what sweetens the deal even more? It's in a wristwatch form factor!

That has me incredibly excited. It has some fun sensors which manage to be useful on a normal non-hackable watch, and combine the utter reprogram-ability with those goodies, and there's any amount of coolness one could do with it.
My best idea thus far: combine it with a black-box sort of thing with GPS and a compass chip, and you have yourself a wrist-mounted geocompass (not quite.. you still need to carry the black-box).

Anyone else have cool ideas? I'm nearly certain I'll jump on this and get one of those.
How about a mouse interface for the Clove? I noticed this on Hackaday or Engadget, and it intrigued me.
What are the dimensions? Anyone know? I just glanced over the page and didn't see them.

This looks pretty epic, I'm going to have to figure out a reason to buy one Razz Laughing

KermMartian wrote:
How about a mouse interface for the Clove?
Can you say badass? Well... technically you can't cause of the word filter, but still.
Drool... I have so many ideas for it I don't know where to begin the RF interface alone makes it awesome but the whole package just has so much potential its amazing.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours