How would people feel if I made a site for TI related downloads that was community moderated so that unlike ticalc.org there will not be 50 basic press on to bypass password lockers? I also need to know who would be willing to help moderate. I was thinking of adding a few other things but centering it around the downloads.
It's an interesting idea, but you will be competing with ticalc.org ...

With this package includes:
Enemies, Rivalries, and sometimes failure to overcome pure awesomeness. Although... ticalc.org isn't exactly awesomeness at all... but that's beside the point.
Glenn wrote:
How would people feel if I made a site for TI related downloads that was community moderated so that unlike ticalc.org there will not be 50 basic press on to bypass password lockers? I also need to know who would be willing to help moderate. I was thinking of adding a few other things but centering it around the downloads.
There's an archive feature here (as you probably already know) which is admin-moderated, so tifreak, elfprince, or myself can approve or reject programs. What's wrong with that kind of system?
KermMartian wrote:
Glenn wrote:
There's an archive feature here (as you probably already know) which is admin-moderated, so tifreak, elfprince, or myself can approve or reject programs. What's wrong with that kind of system?

There is nothing wrong with it and my idea was similar in many ways but my idea was a site centered around the files with other extensions instead of here which centers around a forum and adds on the downloads. My idea also included instant access to files in a special section that will hold things until a mod gets to them.
Glenn wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Glenn wrote:

There is nothing wrong with it and my idea was similar in many ways but my idea was a site centered around the files with other extensions instead of here which centers around a forum and adds on the downloads. My idea also included instant access to files in a special section that will hold things until a mod gets to them.

There's something other than a forum here? Confused
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Glenn wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Glenn wrote:

See Kerm's post, here is an exert that I am referring to
Quote:
There's an archive feature here
Glenn wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Glenn wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Glenn wrote:

See Kerm's post, here is an exert that I am referring to
Quote:
There's an archive feature here

Sarcasm fail.
Sadly Kerm, I can't moderate because I cannot check the file before allowing it to be uploaded. So yeah, that wouldn't work too well. =p

I had at one point actually started this project a looong time ago. but it was all with static pages and realized how hard it would be to keep files up to date.

Also, I had created a team on TIFW that would take 5 files a week, and review them. Each member would review the program personally and post to a special subforum. There we would compile the best review that suited the program, and post THAT to ticalc.org using a special account for just that. Each user that tested the program/game would also rate the program, to help it along.

It was a great set up, sadly only lasted 7 weeks before people stopped doing so. =/

Oh, and this was fully supported by the ticalc.org staff, as it was making use of the rating and reviewing system that is already there, warning people of bad programs and such..
swivelgames wrote:
It's an interesting idea, but you will be competing with ticalc.org ...

With this package includes:
Enemies, Rivalries, and sometimes failure to overcome pure awesomeness. Although... ticalc.org isn't exactly awesomeness at all... but that's beside the point.

I think this is a great idea, and would like to volunteer to help! I'm pretty good at Visual Basic, I could write the GUI! I LOVE PCP. OH GOD DO I LOVE IT.
tifreak8x wrote:
Sadly Kerm, I can't moderate because I cannot check the file before allowing it to be uploaded. So yeah, that wouldn't work too well. =p

I had at one point actually started this project a looong time ago. but it was all with static pages and realized how hard it would be to keep files up to date.

Also, I had created a team on TIFW that would take 5 files a week, and review them. Each member would review the program personally and post to a special subforum. There we would compile the best review that suited the program, and post THAT to ticalc.org using a special account for just that. Each user that tested the program/game would also rate the program, to help it along.

It was a great set up, sadly only lasted 7 weeks before people stopped doing so. =/

Oh, and this was fully supported by the ticalc.org staff, as it was making use of the rating and reviewing system that is already there, warning people of bad programs and such..

tifreak8x: this is not a moderator selected repost but a separate archive for people to submit files to though that could be added to get more files in if mods have enough time, the idea was more of you could post it and have it show up pretty quickly in an area for holding until it is reviewed at which point it will either be removed or marked so that it will move to the already moderated section while retaining the same download link as to keep it simple for those who want a link posted on their site to get people there.

Thanks allynfolksjr for the offer of help, my theory was php for the scripting though since this will be on a Linux server and it will need more of a server side aspect than anything else, I will try to start the coding soon, it should be pretty basic to get it working.

One question, it will not be in the first version most likely but should I try to add a way for the author to be emailed when the status of his submission changes?
I would apply, if only my programming PC had internet access, I have to use my parent's comp for surfing...
Mapar007 wrote:
I would apply, if only my programming PC had internet access, I have to use my parent's comp for surfing...

That's what persistent live usb drives are for Very Happy
diaf alex
I have one of those... With BT3. Still a lot of messing.
I have been working on the code and have a fair bit done, I will update when I have more news but the first version will be very basic looking and will be bare bones output though I will try to change that as soon as I get the backend working.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours