Will you use DDE6?
Yes
 78%  [ 18 ]
No
 21%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 23

it is an ok program, but I don't really like using my calc for more than programming and math.

Btw, cellsheet come on the 83+SE I am pretty sure of (and quite possible the 84+), and will work on and of the 4.
I have recently taken up DocDE for notetaking in class because my paper supply is running short, i've gotten a lot of 'Grant.... -sigh-'s from teachers. lol
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
I have recently taken up DocDE for notetaking in class because my paper supply is running short, i've gotten a lot of 'Grant.... -sigh-'s from teachers. 0x5
Very Happy I've been doing the same, but everyone in my school does similar stuff, so I get many fewer "Christopher... -sigh-"'s.
get those gloves working and im sure your 'sigh' rate will go up considerably.
yeah. Kerm, I though you had a tablet to do such things.

I always just take my notes on the laptop, don't need to worry about paper then.
Come on he has to show off his 90+ wpm on calc. =P I wish they allowed laptops in middle school >.<
If you could save the files as basic programs that would be awesome, because then you could use this as Notepad with OTBP Assembler and then you would have a full development environment for calculators on the calculator!!!!

Or if you could export them to the computer as text files I would be so greatful then. I could take outline notes in school and then I could just export them to the computer and print them out. I am starting to see a new world with Document DE
Halifax: already done! http://www.cemetech.net/projects/docde6/
Confused Very Happy Good Idea Good Idea . Yes thank you so much. D*** the calculator is starting to become a PDA.
Halifax wrote:
Confused Very Happy Good Idea Good Idea . Yes thank you so much. D*** the calculator is starting to become a PDA.
That's the plan! Now you're starting to see my plan for Doors CS 6.
After using this for my 4 page outline this proved to be especially great although I encountered some problems that I find disturbing but not at all diminishing.

#1: I can't save over a file. Say earlier I saved a "test" file then I can not save "test" again and overwrite that. I think that should be added in.

#2: I had about ~300 - ~400 lines of text and scrolling was a b*****. If a fast scroller could be implemented. Like going 8 lines at a time instead of 1 line would be cool and I would definetly be grateful.

Those are my only problems with DocDE 6 otherwise it is great. My next problem is with the online converter.

#3: It adds some unneeded characters and forced me to edit the file after I converted. This only took 5 minutes of my time, but still it would be better if it would be perfect Smile haha. Also check your PM's Kerm for a message I am sending you.
Do you think you could add a catalog of weirdish characters so we dont have to randomly press buttons for what we want if we forgot the character map, and yes a page up/down would be nice. Or if you could click the bar itself, not just the arrows and have it jump to precicely that point in the text.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Do you think you could add a catalog of weirdish characters so we dont have to randomly press buttons for what we want if we forgot the character map, and yes a page up/down would be nice. Or if you could click the bar itself, not just the arrows and have it jump to precicely that point in the text.

Most definitely make a catalog. I want to use Documents DE for taking notes in calculus class but I can't keep up due to the "press n guess" problem of not knowing what produces what.
Halifax wrote:
After using this for my 4 page outline this proved to be especially great although I encountered some problems that I find disturbing but not at all diminishing.

#1: I can't save over a file. Say earlier I saved a "test" file then I can not save "test" again and overwrite that. I think that should be added in.

#2: I had about ~300 - ~400 lines of text and scrolling was a b*****. If a fast scroller could be implemented. Like going 8 lines at a time instead of 1 line would be cool and I would definetly be grateful.

Those are my only problems with DocDE 6 otherwise it is great. My next problem is with the online converter.

#3: It adds some unneeded characters and forced me to edit the file after I converted. This only took 5 minutes of my time, but still it would be better if it would be perfect Smile haha. Also check your PM's Kerm for a message I am sending you.

1.) just open the program that is your document directly from DoorsCS, then type and close, do not reclick the save button.

2.) UI agree wholeheartedly

3.) Again, I agree.
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
Halifax wrote:

1.) just open the program that is your document directly from DoorsCS, then type and close, do not reclick the save button.

2.) UI agree wholeheartedly

3.) Again, I agree.

Holy necropost Batman!

Check the date before you post.
Regarding point (3), I'd be interested to see what these extra characters are that it adds so that I can fix them. And about point (2), yes, the speed is quite poor. I am trying to remember what it was about the variable-width font calculations that made it perform so poorly; I'll have to look at the source once again. Either way, I'll definitely implement a multi-line scroll in the next DCS.
KermMartian wrote:
Regarding point (3), I'd be interested to see what these extra characters are that it adds so that I can fix them. And about point (2), yes, the speed is quite poor. I am trying to remember what it was about the variable-width font calculations that made it perform so poorly; I'll have to look at the source once again. Either way, I'll definitely implement a multi-line scroll in the next DCS.

Code:
"Long ago, when the
Dpyramids were still young, Egyptian kings played a
Mgame of great and terrible
Ypower.  But these 'Shadow
VGames' erupted into a war
Vthat threatened to destroy
Ythe entire world.  Until a
Rbrave and powerful
DPharoah locked the magic
Vaway, imprisoning it
Dwithin the mystical
AMillenium Items."
<
nSo begins the series that
Omany of you know as the
Oadventures of one Domino
UHigh School student and his
Xfriends as they try to
Frestore reality to the way it
]was before he solved the
Rpuzzle from the time when
[theta]"the pyramids were still
Ryoung".  And the adventures
\of the soul that resided
Lwithin that puzzle, a soul
Vthat dissappeared at the end
]of the series, never to be
Rseen again as long as
Deternity lasts.
nAnd if there's one thing that
Zseries taught us, it's that
Q"Even eternity - doesn't lastforever."
"
n
n
nLate november 2010 (yes, I
[theta]know that's in the future),
Wone fan of this series (me)
Uwill go on a trip to
=California (a trip taken
Nusually once a year, but
Qwon't be taken in 2009,
Mwhen this was written).
NWhat makes this trip
Bdifferent from the many
Rothers taken before is that
Xit will be the first taken
Nwhere the fan (me) has a
Qlaptop.  Using Verizon's
Mlittle internet-in-a-USB-
Vport thingie, the fan (me)
Twill re-watch the series on
[theta]YouTube.  That can be done in
^36 hours, right?  (yeah, I
Sknow the series is - um
J(240/3)80 - hours long, but
[theta]I'm "skimming")  When the
Vseries completes, the fan
T(me) finds himself drawn
Tinto the laptop.  Within five
Vseconds, the fan's (my) body
]is without a soul, and there-
]fore unconscienous.
C
nWithin the series, Yugi finds
Xhimself once again with two
\souls, but the second soul is
Znot Atem's.  It is that of a
Pman named Matt.
nWhile in the series, Matt and
YYugi's gang have many
Iadventures together, none
Zso as world-in-danger-we-are-the-only-ones-who-
Xcan-save-it as the ones they
]had with the Pharoah.  In thecourse of these adventures,
]Tea ends up getting over her
]loss of Atem and instead
Nfalling for - Matt?
<
nThis OfficeDE series - told in
[theta]the from of a movie script -
Zis not about their
8adventures within the
Isystem  (Mostly because I
Scan't think of what
?happened there).  It's about the repercussions of Matt's
X"leaving the system" and
Twhat happens when two
Oworlds - one real, one
Kfiction - combine. ~xxxx``````
Aha! And this occurs with every newline character? I think I know precisely what the problem is.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours