I know its been a while since this happened and I haven't really caught up on what's been going on, but since Benjamin Moody figured out the 83+ OS Key, would it be possible to create an OS that would combine the best features of every TI calculator (NSpire, 89 Titanium, 83/84/+/SE, etc) and make an ultimate OS so that no one will have to purchase another calculator and will have the best features of all on one calculator????
No.
What he said. The difference in power between the 68k and the z80 is too great.
Svakk wrote:
...would it be possible to create an OS that would combine the best features of every TI calculator (NSpire, 89 Titanium, 83/84/+/SE, etc) and make an ultimate OS so that no one will have to purchase another calculator and will have the best features of all on one calculator????

What features do you want/need? Mathematical operations can be coded for the 83+/84+ anyways... or are you talking about program execution?
I think he wants mostly PrettyPrint and symbolic evaluation. Those require a ton of mathematical logic; I'm personally of the opinion that there's plenty of memory and processing power in the TI-83+/84+ line to handle it, but no individual or group with the patience for an implementation. So basically, SOL on that admittedly good but quite ambitious idea.
Okay sounds good.
Svakk wrote:
Okay sounds good.

pathetic. how dare you accept something as too ambitious! Laughing you should at least consider writing a program that offers some features; for starters, perhaps a program that determines derivatives/integrals?
Looking at Symbolic and PrettyPrint, such functionality is definitely possible. Parts of those applications could probably be adapted into operating systems with much greater integration (not the math kind Razz ) than either of those applications currently achieve using hooks.
Yeah Yeah I Know, but i'm still trying to pull through with some of the others programs i'm doing. I'll add it to the list but at the moment its too far over my head, but i'll get to it eventually.
Of course it's possible, and we have all the keys, not just the 83+ one, so write it on the 89 Titanium if you think it can't be done on the 83+ series (which it can, of course...it's been proven).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours