1) Learn to code correctly. There's no romcall to make you "not fail" at programming
2) Make your shell examine the header of each program for the MOS header as well as the Ion header
3) Recognize is a process of elimination: if it's nothing else, it's a BASIC program. Running involves invoking the TI-OS's parser via the proper ROM calls.
KermMartian wrote:
1) Learn to code correctly. There's no romcall to make you "not fail" at programming
hehehe
KermMartian wrote:

bcall(_NotFail) compiles fine Good Idea
magicdanw wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
hehehe
Smile No insult intended, I'm just telling it like it is.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I'm curious to see your equate for _NotFail Wink
elfprince13 wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I'm curious to see your equate for _NotFail Wink

_NotFail .equ $10000
what would happen if you equated something to $10000 ? Would it compile?
Will_W wrote:
I think it ignores the leftmost byte (1) and processes it as 0, but maybe not. Might depend on your assembler.
magicdanw wrote:
Will_W wrote:
I think it ignores the leftmost byte (1) and processes it as 0, but maybe not. Might depend on your assembler.

or use a 3 byte value Wink

for example.....

I'm pretty sure

_NotFail .equ $10000
.db _NotFail

would be equivalent to .db $01, $00, $00
so bcall(_NotFail) = bcall($00) or bcall($1000) or am I getting my little endian stuff mixed up?
anyway, why doesn't someone compile it real quick and then use wabbitemu to watch what happens.
A competent assembler should complain if you tried to do any of that. Based on my familiarity with TASM's behavior, none of that would assemble- $10000 overflows bytes (TASM will only write a single byte per .db entry) and words (same case for .dw), and bcall macros always take the form

Code:
 rst 28h
 .dw xxxx

Given that $10000 overflows the .dw, that shouldn't assemble either.
I was hoping it would somehow compile and cause a spectacular crash.
You people are analyzing this far too much.
Like we have anything better to do. (I don't)
So yeah, it will fail in wonderful ways, or at least not doing anything useful. The bottom line is, there's no cure to programs crashing other than figure out what is making it crash (something wrong, or something omitted), and fixing said problem.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours